The summary of the situation of Russian re-invasion to Ukraine covering the last 48 hours, as of 30th November 2022 – 22:00 (Kyiv time).
Russian forces, despite the losses in manpower and equipment, managed to advance south of Bakhmut. It’s becoming clear that the enemy is trying to cut the Ukrainian supply roads and at least partially encircle Ukrainian troops defending the town.
All other fronts remain without any change, Ukrainian troops managed to repel Russian attacks.
includes the area of between Oskil and Aydar river
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attacks in the area of Novoselivske and Stelmakhivka settlements.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Ukrainian defenders repelled an enemy attack towards Yakovlivka.
- Fighting remains active in Bakhmutske and Soledar.
- The enemy attempted to seize new positions in the vicinity of Opytne, without success.
- Russian forces reportedly encircled Ukrainian troops in Kurdyumivka. The defenders later managed to break through towards the nearest Ukrainian positions,
but the enemy gained control over the settlement.
- Updated (December 2, 2022): Upon further investigation and provided evidence, Russian forces seems to capture only the south-eastern part of the settlement.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions near Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast, but were forced to retreat.
- The enemy tried to break through towards Serebrianka settlement, but the attempt was repulsed.
- Clashes continue in the area of Bilohorivka (Donetsk Oblast), Ukrainian forces reportedly continue to hold the western outskirts.
includes the vicinity of Avdiivka
- Russian attack towards Krasnohorivka was repulsed.
- Ukrainian defenders managed to repel a Russian attack in the vicinity of Pervomaiske and Nevelske.
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- The enemy continues to attack Ukrainian positions in Marinka and close vicinity.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
includes the left bank of Dnipro river south of Kherson and Kakhovka
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.
The Ministry of Defense of Ukraine reports that the 120th Territorial Defense Brigade (from Vinnitsa) is now in the Kyiv region and is defending the border – official telegram channel : https://t.me/ministry_of_defense_ua/3447
Sorry, but I will add more map improvements:
1) Add flag of the Operational Command “North” to Chernihiv
2) Add flag of the Operational-Tactical Group “Sumy” to the city of Sumy (This command was separated from Operational Command “North” in April-2022 and exists to this day, proof: https://www.facebook.com/otusumy)
1) OC North added, it somehow disappeared through the invasion.
2) I need to find more about the OTG Sumy, will take a while.
3) Move the 119th and 117th brigades of the territorial defense of Chernihiv and Sumy regions to the border, as in the western regions of Ukraine.
4) Add to https://militaryland.net/ukraine/armed-forces/ 67-SMBr of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Large Ukrainian telegram channels showed photos from the training of one of the mech. battalions of this brigade. I can find them if needed.
I’m still not convinced about 67th Mech. I’ve not found any reliable information about the existence. I don’t deny it, but until we find some better info, I cannot place it there.
It has been weeks without any changes on some fronts but on Telegram or Liveuamap you can guess and observe advancements…. why does it not appear here on the maps ???
Did someone tell you not to communicate ?
No idea what you’re talking about.
According to Alexei Arestovich, the “Legion Freedom Russia” is fighting near Bakhmut – https://youtu.be/JhmliAhNDWg?t=623
November is the by far worst month concerning losses in personnel. There is also a considerable down tick in equipment lost.
Russia stopped using aircrafts and helicopters.
Ukraine reports shooting down of 285 cruise missiles in the last two months, 246 in the 7 befor.
Вертолеты, такие как ка-52 и ми-28, продолжают активно использовать, особенно ночью для охоты на технику. Штурмовики су-25 работают в окрестностях бахмута
So RU has lost round 30K troops since beginning of October, in battles south and north of Bakhmut, must agree with ISW — Russia has learned nothing; repeating the mistakes from summer when continuous attacks broke the back of the RU army, forcing Putin’s panicky choice to draft 300K; now RU is wasting those with impress speed – soon again RU shall lack bodies facilitating another Ukr. offensive.
They will keep mobilizing. Russia is going down the ‘totaler krieg’ path. There are two questions left: 1) can ukraine still win anyways?, which is a function of western support and 2) whole long can russia handle total war? This way or the other ukraine will win in the end.
Putin clearly studying Stalin. Numbers on foot not any more quality in itself.
Don’t think, total war strategy — works for Russia. It neither can arm ’em, well enough nor train ’em well enough. Thus they’ll die too rapidly.
Ukr losses a very high too, even according to Ursula Van def Leyden. I don’t understand why it is a taboo subject . Ukr sends a lot of reinforcements to Bakhmut, mostly new recruits without formation. Also munitions begin to miss for western artillery.
Ua report shelling in zahirne for the second consecutive day.
Small advance in direction to polohy? And myrne is free?