The summary of the 118th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 21st June 2022 (Kyiv time).
The situation at Lysychansk area of operations has worsened. Russian forces captured several towns as Ukrainian troops retreated from the area of Zolote and Hirske. The enemy is also attempting to encircle Ukrainian defenders in the area of Novoluhanske and the nearby powerplant.
Ukrainian Army is reportedly conducting an offensive towards Kherson, but the operation is under an embargo and no details were shared to the public.
Important note: Due to the high intensity of shelling across the whole frontline, it has become almost impossible to track the shelling. Starting today, the “fire mark” indicates only battles and a fire map layer (known as FIRMS by NASA) has been added to the maps.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
- There was no change on the ground on this frontline.
includes the area of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk and Bakhmut
- Russian forces attacked Ukrainian positions at Dolyna and Bohorodychne. The attacks were repelled.
- Russian troops attempted to advance towards Vershyna, but the attack was repulsed.
- The enemy attacked Ukrainian positions at Semyhirya, trying to link up with forces pushing from the north. The effort wasn’t successful.
includes the vicinity of Lysychansk and Sievierodonetsk
- Russian troops attacked Syrotyne and Voronove from the direction of Metolkyne, without success.
- Fighting in Sievierodonetsk continues, mainly in the area of Azot industrial complex.
- Russian forces captured Ustynivka and advanced towards Bila Hora alongside Siverskyi Donets river.
- Ukrainian command decided to withdraw its forces from the area of Zolote, Hirske and Myrna Dolyna.
- Russian forces captured Myrna Dolyna, Pidlisne as the result. They also entered to the eastern outskirts of Hirske and entered to combat with Ukrainian element, which was covering the withdrawal of allied forces from Zolote.
- Fighting in Komyshuvakha continues.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled a Russian attack on Mykolaivka.
includes Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- Russian forces reportedly ceased offensive operations towards Marinka after numerous of unsuccessful attempts.
- Russian media reported a battle south of Vuhledar, Ukrainian forces are reportedly attempting to push towards Yehorivka. The information cannot be verified at this moment.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- The head of Security and Defense Forces of the Southern Ukraine Natalia Humeniuk stated the Ukrainian forces are advancing towards Kherson and pushing Russian occupiers out of the 2nd and 3rd line of defense. She also stressed that all operations in the south are under an embargo and urged everyone to remain calm.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR