The summary of the situation of Russian re-invasion to Ukraine covering the last 48 hours, as of 5th January 2023 – 22:00 (Kyiv time).
includes the area of between Oskil and Aydar river
- Ukrainian defenders repelled yet another attack towards Stelmakhivka settlement
- Clashes continue in the vicinity Ploschanka, where Russian troops attempt to push Ukrainians away from the settlement.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
- The enemy conducted a recon by force near both Bilohorivka settlements, but retreated on contact.
- Russian forces attempted to break through Ukrainian lines towards Vyimka. The attack was repelled.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- House to house fighting in Soledar persist, with neither side reporting any meaningful advances.
- Russian forces attacked Ukrainian positions in the area of Pidhorodne and in the direction of Krasna Hora. The situation here is complicated.
- The enemy tried to advance near Kurdyumivka, but didn’t succeed. The situation in the area of Kurdyumivka is still covered by the fog of war, but Russian recon elements were spotted north of the town, potentially indicating that Ukrainian 3rd Assault Regiment retreated from the settlement some days ago.
- Ukrainian forces repelled Russian attacks in the area of Mayorsk and Pivnichne (just south of Druzhba).
the city of Bakhmut
- Heavy fighting continues in the industry area and in Opytne.
includes the vicinity of Avdiivka
- The enemy continues to attempt to break through Ukrainian lines north of Avdiivka, but so far without success, and attacks on Krasnohorivka and Vesele were repulsed.
- Russian forces tried to gain new positions near Vodyane, but were repelled.
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Fighting continues in Marinka.
- Ukrainian forces also stopped an enemy attack towards Pobieda.
- Russian troops conducted a recon by force near Novomykhailivka, but were forced to fallback.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
includes the left bank of Dnipro river south of Kherson and Kakhovka
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.
Jerome, for my own info, why are some messages “awaiting for approval” while others are posted immediately?
Not sure, might be the links. I approved them manually.
The Soledar area isn’t mapped correctly
Based on confirmed info at that time.
Russian Oryx losses compared to MoD Ukraine reports 2022:
Comparing Oryx Russian and Ukrainian losses;
What a Russian failure this is.
Does the site accurately take into account all the losses? Is the information taken from pro-Ukrainian resources?
Yes, it’s accurate. They record all visually confirmed losses, from all available open-sources they can find.
Pro-Ukrainian propaganda resources will reduce the number of their losses
Of course, it’s propaganda. If military casualties are pretty much equal on both sides, how can there be such disparity in equipment losses?
How do you know that the casualties are equal? And why would equal casualties equate to equal eqiupment losses? If one side doesn’t have any equipment but many manpads it will destroy equipment, q.e.d. your statement is obviously false.
I don’t know. General Mark Milley does: “America’s top general has estimated that 100,000 Russian soldiers have been killed or wounded in Ukraine, and that Kyiv’s armed forces have “probably” suffered a similar level of casualties in the war”. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/10/us-estimates-200000-military-casualties-all-sides-ukraine-war
I don’t know. General Mark Milley does: “America’s top general has estimated that 100,000 Russian soldiers have been killed or wounded in Ukraine, and that Kyiv’s armed forces have “probably” suffered a similar level of casualties in the war”.
I took out the link. It’s from The Guardian.
Si, that is two months old though, a lot of time in 10 months of war and russias casualties were at their maximum in november and december.
“We’ve been in the war for almost a year now,” Prystaiko said. “We’re losing people left and right. We’re not advertising how many of those lost are military or civilians, but you can imagine that numbers are huge, indigestible.
Ukraine will get good AFVs: AMX-10 RC from France, Mader from Germany and M2 Bradley from USA. About 40 of each. Let’s hope this is only the first step, and NATO countries will finally give Ukraine the tanks they need (M1 Abrams or Leopard 2) to crush Russia’s army once for all.
It would be nice, if NATO could also send actual airplanes instead of just airplane parts
It was announced that all this shill come in March 😥
Deepstatemap reports the Russians have taken Bakhmutske. https://deepstatemap.live/en#7/48.854/36.606
> On “Deployment Map” 60 SMBr is still an infantry brigade… Please fix this.
> 3rd Operational Brigade (National Guard) in Maiorsk (Donetsk oblast) with proof: https://t.me/DeepStateUA/15101
It’s reported as old video