The summary of the situation of Russian re-invasion to Ukraine covering the last 48 hours, as of 27th January 2023 – 22:00 (Kyiv time).
includes the area of between Oskil and Aydar river
- Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian attacks towards Nevske and Ploschanka settlements.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
- The enemy attacked Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Chervonopopivka, but didn’t gain any new ground.
- Russian forces attempted to seize new positions in the area of Verkhnokamyanske and Spirne, without success.
- Ukrainian troops repelled a Russian attack towards Rozdolivka.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Russian troops attempted to advance and capture Blahodante, but the defenders repulsed the attack.
- Russian forces very likely captured the small settlement of Krasnopolivka. Given the location and seize of the settlement, it didn’t make any sense for Ukrainians to stay there.
- The enemy attacked Ukrainian positions near Krasna Hora and Paraskoviivka, without success.
- Russian recon element conducted a recon by force near Klishchiivka. The group retreated after a brief skirmish.
the city of Bakhmut
- Fighting continues primary in the area north-east of Tavr Meat Plant and in the industry area, where Russians seems to have minor gains.
includes the vicinity of Avdiivka
- Russian forces, again, tried to advance in the area of Vodyane and were met with accurate fire, again.
- The enemy recon group scouted Ukrainian positions near Nevelske. They retreated upon contact.
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- The situation in Marinka remains difficult, fighting continues.
- There is an ongoing offensive attempt from the direction of Pavlivka and Mykilske towards Vuhledar. Russian sources claim a successful advance towards the outskirts of Vuhledar, but there is no footage to confirm such claim.
- Ukrainian sources released a drone video of repelling Russian attack just outside Mykilske, pretty far from Vuhledar.
- Ukrainian 72nd Mechanized Brigade confirmed in the evening that its troops continue to defend and hold the town of Vuhledar.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
includes the left bank of Dnipro river south of Kherson and Kakhovka
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.
Luhansk Oblast, Ukraine Governor Haidai says situation remains stable in region but arrival of recently mobilized Russian troops expected in February: Government via Public Telegram Board.
Deepstate map posted a geolocated video of russians in Dibrova
There is also this mention of Yampolivka, which could indicate a Russian presence north east of Zarichne.
Ukrainian military repelled Russian attacks near Dibrova and Bilohorivka of Luhansk region; Yampolivka, Verkhnokamyanske, Rozdolivka, Sil, Blahodatne, Paraskoviyivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Klischiyivka, Novomykhaylivka, Vodyane, Maryinka, Pobyeda and Vuhledar of Donetsk region.
Russian Wagner Group owner Prigozhin says group has taken control of Blahodatne in Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine: Local Source via Public Telegram Board.
From the picture it seems like the sign of Blahodatne near Volodymyrivka
Russian troops seem to have advanced towards Vugledar but have not reached its limits (about 2 km south east). I expect the continuation of bloody battles in the coming days/weeks.
First POWs near Vugledar (4 of them) – https://t.me/RVvoenkor/37011?single
Russian or Ukrainian POWs?
And how would you know that?
“the Russians say so” is not a valid evidence, because they are usual liars and have staged fake surrenders before.
I can’t prove it but the video seems credible to me and you don’t stage the surrender of only four guys.
i ask myself, how old may you be and or what is your IQ, you behave like a child or a religious person who want to believe to Santa Claus at all costs. the ucraine is a punching ball of the US, Selensky is their murderous and ruthless marionette. He not care about any uncrainian life. And one day the US will make peace with russia and then nothing won for the ucraine but many… Read more »
They got kicked of back to Mykilske with heavy casualties 🙂 Wuhledar is on the hills so it was typical russian suicidal attack. Unfortunately Wuhledar itself is being downed to the ground by artillery :/
In spite of the fall of Yakovlivka, Soledar and Sil the Bahmut-Siversk line is still holding
Indeed, no domino effect, although I expect Bakhmut to fall in February.
What makes you think that? Bakhmut is no longer a priority for Putin. He is sending all his troops to Marinka and Vuhledar. The only one who cares about Bakhmut is Prigozhin. But he no longer has any support in the Kremlin. He has been demoted to persona non grada.
Bakhmut will remain free. Wagner are at the end…
I don’t think so. Bakhmut is the only “big” city they have any hope to capture. Regular Russian troops (not Wagner) are still attacking the city, and progressing south of Bakhmut.
And Russians got owned in Vuhledar. Concerning Marinka, they will eventually take the city (in how many months ?), but it will be like Pisky: lots of dead Russians for almost no gain.
The whole Donbass is a priority for Russia. Bakhmut is slowly being encircled and will eventually be abandoned. As for Wagner being at the end, this is not what I am seeing. They’ve just captured Blahodatne.
Good summary Jerome, thanks!
Fighting continues primary in the area north-west of Tavr Meat Plant
It looks like Fighting is *north-east* of Tavr Meat Plant.
Thank you for the update, Jerome