The summary of the situation of Russian re-invasion to Ukraine covering the last 48 hours, as of 22nd January 2023 – 22:00 (Kyiv time).
includes the area of between Oskil and Aydar river
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attack in the area of Novoselivske and Ploschanka settlements.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
- The enemy attempted to push Ukrainian forces away from Chervonopopivka, but they didn’t succeed.
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions in the direction of Terny, but failed to gain any new ground.
- Ukrainian defenders repulsed Russian attacks in the area of Bilohorivka, Verkhnokamyanske and the forest near Kreminna.
- Russian forces assaulted Ukrainian positions in the area of Rozdolivka, but didn’t manage to advance.
- The enemy tried to break through Ukrainian lines towards Vasyukivka. The attempt was repelled.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Ukrainian defenders repelled enemy attacks in the vicinity of Krasna Hora and Paraskoviivka.
- Russian forces managed to advance by a few meters towards Ivanivske.
- Russian troops advanced south of Klishchiivka entered the southern outskirts. The RU sources claim full control over the settlement, but so far there is no footage to support this claim.
- The enemy attempted to push in the direction of Predtechyne and Dyliivka. Neither attack was successful, but the situation remains uneasy.
the city of Bakhmut
- Ukrainian General Staff reported a repulsed attack towards Yahidne, indicating an attempt to encircle Bakhmut from the north.
- Fighting continues in the area of Tavr Meat Plant, the industry area and the residential area on the south-eastern outskirts.
includes the vicinity of Avdiivka
- The enemy attempted to advance in the area of Vodyane, but they weren’t successful.
- Russian troops attack Ukrainian positions in Pervomaiske, without gaining any new ground.
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Heavy fighting persist in Marinka and towards Pobieda.
- The enemy conducted a recon by force towards Novosilka settlement. The enemy recon group retreated upon contact.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- Russian forces launched an offensive towards Mala Tokmanka and Novodanylivka and reportedly managed to capture Ukrainian first line positions near Novodynalivka.
- The defenders eliminated a Russian attack towards Shcherbaky and destroyed several Russian armored vehicles. The remaining enemies retreated.
- Ukrainian forces repelled Russian attacks towards Stepove.
Note: The vicinity of Kamyanske was wrongly marked as Ukraine-controlled and was corrected.
includes the left bank of Dnipro river south of Kherson and Kakhovka
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.