The summary of the 317th day on Bakhmut Front, as of 22:00 – 6th January 2023 (Kyiv time).
Due to the Russian advance in the area of Soledar, we’re releasing an extra summary solely focused on the Bakhmut Front. The classic summaries remain bi-daily.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Ukrainian forces, due to the worsening situation and Russian advance in the area of Pidhorodne and Yakovlivka, have retreated from Bakhmutske and south-eastern part of Soledar.
- Russian troops captured Bakhmutske shortly after that.
- Russian Wagner mercenaries managed to advance in Soledar and reached the salt mine in the center of the town. (source)
- The enemy attempted to advance towards Krasna Hora, but the attack was repelled.
- There is a video showing Ukrainian troops withdrawing on foot from Pidhorodne. Russian forces likely managed to reach the eastern outskirts of the settlement, forcing Ukrainian troops to abandon unfavorable positions. (source)
- Fighting continues on the outskirts of Klishchiivka, where the enemy attempts to capture the settlement.
- Ukrainians released a drone video of shelling of Russian soldiers north-west of Kurdyumivka. The video indicates that Ukrainian forces retreated from Kurdyumivka after the successful raid. (source)
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.