The summary of the situation of Russian re-invasion to Ukraine covering the last 48 hours, as of 10th November 2022 – 22:00 (Kyiv time).
On November 9, Russian defense minister ordered to its troops deployed on the right bank of Dnipro river to retreat across. Ukrainian command has decided to not wait until all Russian troops safely leave and has launched an offensive to recapture the right bank of Dnipro river on the eve of November 9. Ukrainian forces have met minimal resistance so far and are currently approaching to Kherson and Nova Kakhovka. The day we all been waiting on the Kherson Front, is approaching.
According to several sources, Russians were unable to withdrew all its forces in time due to the rapid advance of Ukrainian troops, and some remain trapped on the right bank.
Do you want to help and support our summaries? Visit our Forums and share links or any other information related to the upcoming summary.
includes the area of between Oskil and Aydar river
- Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian attacks in the area of Novoselivske and Makiivka settlements.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Ukrainian 10th Mountain Brigade regained lost positions on the eastern outskirts of Yakovlivka.
- Fighting continues in Bakhmutske and Soledar.
- Heavy fighting and complicated situation is reported from the vicinity of Bakhmut. Ukrainians are holding, but the enemy has superiority.
- Russian forces attempted to seize new positions in the area of Klishchiivka, Opytne and Ivanhrad. All attacks were repelled.
- The enemy managed to advance by a few meters towards Mayorsk. The settlement is contested.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attack in the direction of Bilohorivka (Luhansk Oblast).
- Russian forces managed to break through Ukrainian defense and entered the eastern outskirts of Bilohorivka (Donetsk Oblast).
includes the vicinity of Avdiivka
- Russian attempt to break through Ukrainian lines in the vicinity of Vesele was repulsed.
- The enemy attacked in the direction of Pervomaiske and Nevelske, but didn’t succeed and retreated.
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Russian attack in the area of Novomykhailivka settlement was repelled.
- Fighting continues in Pavlivka. Russians claim they control the whole settlement, but so far didn’t provide any proof that are in control of the western outskirts or the center. Pavlivka remains marked as contested.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- As mentioned in the Briefly section, Russian command has ordered its troops to withdraw across Dnipro to the left bank. Ukrainian forces are currently marching towards Nova Kakhovka and Kherson, liberating one settlement after another.
- Ukrainian forces liberated the following settlements:
- Mykolaiv Oblast: Snihurivka, Pavlivka, Vasylivka
- Kherson Oblast: Pravdyne, Bruskynske, Kalynivske, Kyselivka, Borozenske, Oleksandrivka, Stanislav, Chkalove, Tamaryne, Pyatykhatky, Kucherske, Kachkarivka, Ishchenka, Starytsya, Myrolyubivka, Blahodatne, Mylove, Novokairy
- … and all other small settlements in between.
- The area around the northern Blahodatne and Vasilky settlements was likely abandoned by Russians as well, but because we haven’t seen any visual proof yet, it remains marked as occupied.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.