The summary of the situation of Russian re-invasion to Ukraine covering the last 48 hours, as of 8th November 2022 – 22:00 (Kyiv time).
The vicinity of Bakhmut and Pavlivka remain the hottest points on the front. The enemy has minor gains in Marinka and already mentioned Pavlivka, but it cannot be considered as a success given the amount of casualties reported by even Russians itself.
Do you want to help and support our summaries? Visit our Forums and share links or any other information related to the upcoming summary.
includes the area of between Oskil and Aydar river
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Fighting continues in Soledar and Bakhmutske.
- The enemy continues to attempt to break through Ukrainian lines south of Bakhmut, namely in the area of Ivanhrad, Opytne, Andriivka and Klishchiivka. All attacks were repulsed, but Ivanhrad remains contested.
- Russian troops tried to advance in the vicinity of Mayorsk, but the attack was repelled.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
- Russian forces attacked Ukrainian positions through the forest area in the direction of Yampil. The attack was repelled.
- The enemy attempted to capture new positions near Bilohorivka, but didn’t succeed.
includes the vicinity of Avdiivka
- Russian forces attempted to break through Ukrainian lines in the vicinity of Krasnohorivka. The defense of important settlement held.
- A Russian attack in the area of Vodyane was repelled by the Ukrainain defenders.
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Russian forces managed to advance north of Marinka and partly captured the northern outskirts of the town.
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attack towards Novomykhailivka.
- Despite all the efforts by the defenders and Russian heavy casualties, the enemy managed to capture the eastern outskirts of Pavlivka. The situation is evolving every hour as fighting continues.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Ukrainian General Staff reported shelling of Ukrainian positions in the area of Vasylivka settlement near Snihurivka. Russian forces most likely withdrew behind the Inhulets river.
- An unconfirmed report appeared regarding the withdrawal of Russian troops from Snihurivka. We’ll see tomorrow if it’s true or not.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.
I’ve seen a video from 22 mechinesed brigade of Ukraine. Looks like it’s newly formed and they have their own Embleme too.
Never heard of 22th Mech, can you share more?
How can I send video direct ? It was uploaded on pro Ukrainian Telegram page
Post a TG link here.
Here you go https://t.me/operativnoZSU/54599
That’s 22nd Motorized Battalion, part of 92nd Mechanized Brigade.
You are right, my mistake.
What do you say about this? 67th mechinesed brigade.
Ribar writes too about 67 new formed mechinesed brigade, they wrote it on several occasions and I think it’s true.
Looks like Russia has announced it’s abandoning Kherson.
they have already vacated Pravdyne, Blahodatne, Snihurivka, Ishchenka, Sadok, Borozenske, and Dudchany
Don’t believe anything until Peskov denies it.
“Despite all the efforts by the defenders and Russian heavy casualties, the enemy managed to capture the eastern outskirts. The situation is evolving every hour as fighting continues.”
What place does this statement refer to? I can guess, but I’m not sure. Thanks.
Pavlivka i would say from the summary.
Yes, Pavlivka. I fixed it, sorry.
Meanwhile on the real frontline:
Daily russian personnel losses on average as reported by Ukraine:
This is turning into a bloodbath. Oil sanctions didn´t even start yet. Russian working age men are dying or fleeing en masse. Russia is beyond hope.
I’ve been searching for reliable data on Russian and Ukrainian casualties. Can you share where exactly you got those numbers?
I use https://www.mil.gov.ua/en/
There is no such thing as reliable data. I wrote some more on that in the forum. My konservativ best guess is 2/3 of the above for russia. Concerning ukraine it is hard to find anything that is worth mentioning.
But how can we say russian losses are bad if we have not the slightest clue what ukrainian losses are? Both countries have losses, but we cant say Russian losses are bad if we dont know ukrainian losses. I dont support russia, but we could be comparing russian losses to a ukrainian losses number that isnt much smaller.
We can compare material losses, thanks to oryx. Confirmed Russian losses are 3 to 4 times higher than Ukrainian losses. In terms of human losses, the ratio is probably around the same value, but we cannot verify it.
US General Miles puts russian and ukrainian losses in the same ball park, well above 100k killed and wounded. Thats news from today. Zalushny talked about 10k dead for ukraine a long while ago, which was considerable less than western conservativ russian losses estimates. Ukranian losses probably peeked in the donbas phase, russians are peeking now.
I don’t think that Ukrainian military losses are as high as Russian’s. All the open source evidences we have indicate the contrary. But if you include civilians, yeah, both Russians and Ukrainians have over 100k casualties.
Great victory on the “western will to support frontline”. The trumpist candidates lost. Congressional support for Bidens ukraine policies is assured. Ukraine can count on the US for another 2 years, this is big.