The summary of the situation of Russian re-invasion to Ukraine covering the last 48 hours, as of 29th October 2022 – 22:00 (Kyiv time).
Ukrainian forces advanced in Luhansk Oblast, and gained fire control over the Kreminna – Svatove road as the result. The Ukrainian defense of Bakhmut is holding, despite the numerous attacks by Russian forces.
Russian troops managed to reach the outskirts of Vodyane north of Donetsk Airport. It’s the second meaningful advance of the enemy in this area since the start of the Russian re-invasion (Pisky being first). There is no reason to panic, Avdiivka is far and many fortified Ukrainian positions in between.
includes the area of between Oskil and Aydar river
- Ukrainian elements of 92nd Mechanized Brigade reached the outskirts of Novoselivske settlement.
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attack towards Andriivka.
- The spokesman of Ukrainian Army reveled that Ukrainian troops have gained a full fire control over certain places on the Kreminna – Svatove road, likely the Ukrainian break through in the area of Karmazynivka settlement managed to advance closer to the road.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions in the area of Yakovlivka, but without success.
- Fighting remains active in Bakhmutske, Soledar and also in the direction of Bakhmut.
- The enemy attempted to advance in the direction of Zelenopillya, but was forced to retreat.
- Russian forces assaulted Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Mayorsk. The attack was repelled.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
- Ukrainian defenders repelled another attempt by the enemy to seize new ground in the vicinity of Bilohorivka.
Avdiivka Front NEW!
includes the vicinity of Avdiivka
- Russian forces attacked Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Kamyanka settlement. The attack was repulsed.
- A mechanized group of the enemy managed to break through Ukrainian lines north of Donetsk Airport and reached the outskirts of Vodyane. Ukrainian reinforcements reportedly stopped the advance, but there is so far no official word if they managed to reverse the gains.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled yet another Russian attempt to gain seize new positions in the area of Pervomaiske and Nevelske.
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Fighting continues in Marinka, but the enemy is unable to advance.
- Russian forces attacked Ukrainian positions in the direction of Vremivka. The attack was repelled.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours, but heavy clashes are reported from the area of Pyatykhatky settlement.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.