The summary of the situation of Russian re-invasion to Ukraine covering the last 48 hours, as of 27th October 2022 – 22:00 (Kyiv time).
Russian troops are on defense everywhere but the vicinity of Bakhmut, where they remain focused on reaching the city by any means and by any amount of casualties.
Ukrainian Army successfully defends key points and is slowly advancing in Kherson Oblast.
includes the area of between Oskil and Aydar river
- Russian forces attempted to regain lost positions in the vicinity of Nevske. There are conflicting reports regarding the outcome of the attack, but as long as the Russians don’t provide visual proof, we assume it was repelled.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Fighting continues in Soledar and Bakhmutske.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian attacks towards Bakhmut, Ivanhrad, Andriivka and Kurdyumivka.
- Russian forces assaulted Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Mayorsk. They didn’t succeed and retreated.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
- Russian troops attempted to advance closer to Bilohorivka, but the attack was repulsed.
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- The enemy attempted to seize control over Kamyanka and approach Avdiivka from the north-east. The defenders repelled the attacks.
- Russian forces attacked towards Nevelske, fighting continues. The situation is uneasy.
- Clashes persist in Marinka settlement. Russian forces are attempting to capture the settlement, but Ukrainian troops are holding them off.
- Ukrainian forces repelled yet another attack in the direction of Novomykhailivka.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Ukrainian forces, namely the soldiers of 60th Infantry Brigade, entered Pyatykhatky settlement.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.
Thank you for your maps, but sometimes I meet contradictions even within the same page.
and then on all fronts attempts to attack:
And so on
Apparently, the Russians just sent an extra thousand troops to Kherson city. What are the chances that Ukraine is using Kherson to draw the enemy away from the real target (again)?
they don’t only send them to kherson tho…. like some thousands to kherson some tens of thousands to all the other fronts, the mobilized troops are being send in.
Yes. Russian conscripts are sent in (without any training nor good equipment), and they are slaughtered.
Jerome, could you show the Wagner defense line on your maps, to help us locate it ?
Thank you for your work.
The funny thing is 100 tons of sand will make the whole effort pointless
if it slows down the enemy it’s not pointless, cuz it does what a defensive line has to do and that would be slowing the enemy down if not stopping them.
I wrote it down on my todo list. Thanks for suggestion.
Appreciate the bi-daily updates!