The summary of the situation of Russian re-invasion to Ukraine covering the last 48 hours, as of 25th October 2022 – 22:00 (Kyiv time).
Ukrainian Army advanced closer towards Svatove and liberated two settlements. The situation south of Bakhmut remains complicated, but it’s not critical, as some Russian forces are trying to paint out. Ukrainian defense lines are holding.
Russian forces probed Ukrainian defense in the northern part of Kharkiv and attacked Zemlyanky and Chuhunivka settlements. Ukrainian defense was ready to meet them and repelled the attacks.
includes the area of between Oskil and Aydar river
- Ukrainian forces liberated Miasozharivka and Karmazynivka settlements.
- Ukrainian General Staff also confirmed liberation of Novosadove and Nevske.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- The enemy continue to attack Ukrainian positions in Soledar and Bakhmutske.
- Fighting continues on the eastern outskirts of Bakhmut. Russian forces, if they advance by a few meters, are unable to hold the positions and the gains are quickly reversed by Ukrainian reinforcements.
- Ukrainian forces repelled Russian attacks in the direction of Ivanhrad, Klishchiivka and Andriivka.
- Ukrainian command deployed elements of 62nd Mechanized Brigade south of Bakhmut to help stabilize the situation.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions in the area of Spirne. The attack was repulsed.
- The enemy tried to advance towards Bilohorivka in order to seize more favorable positions. They weren’t successful.
- Ukrainian troops managed to repel a Russian assault towards Verkhnokamyanske.
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- The enemy attacked towards Avdiivka, Pervomaiske and Nevelske. A complicated situation remains in the vicinity Pervomaiske, where Russian troops are able to advance by a few meters every day.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian attacks in the vicinity of Marinka and towards Novomykhailivka.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.
I don’t know where you found information about the 62nd mechanized brigade (according to some sources, a certain number of brigades of the reserve corps were disbanded before 2020), but I’m not sure that it is at all exists, besides, there is information in the information field that most of the units of the 30th mechanized brigade are now located in the Bakhmut area
Yes, it exists and at least part of it is deployed there, according to people who have relatives in the brigade.
Jerome, thanks for the map.
Where are the statistics?
How many soldiers are on the battlefield. How many soldiers of the country can be called up for war on mobilization. What a loss. How many prisoners, killed soldiers. How many tanks, vehicles, planes. What changes since the beginning of the year. How many soldiers will Russia mobilize? How many soldiers will Ukraine mobilize?
Also has anyone noticed how there are barely any reports (away from the front) of shahed drone attacks? Is Russia attacking less or did Ukraine finally receive some modest air defence systems?
I am surprised to see no Ukrainian progress in the area northeast of Kupiansk …
Probably not as important as cutting supply route Svatove-Kremina that is probably used to supply Russian troops on the frontline where russians are attacking.
As the Svatove-Kremina route is within range of HIMARS and other Caesars, I doubt that the bulk of Russian support is still flowing there. Probably they use a more protected route, further east…
They are using Starobilsk like GLOC, but is still bombed by HIMARS too, if Svatove falls, Kreminna-Severodonetsk-Rubhizne will be envolved, because is a free route to Starobilsk for UKR from Svatove to cut all the supplies from Starobilsk to those cities, including Lysichansk, Svatove-Starobilsk is a mastercoup for the North front
We can speculate but there really is no surprise. Public in general doesn’t have the whole picture and don’t know the strenghts and weaknesses of forces in the area, most is fog of war and opsec. In general Ru sent reinforcements to fortify defensive positions while Ukr are probing and consolidating their gains. When stuff happens public gets to opinionate and analyze in hindsight.
The problem is in my opinion the town of Tavližanka. It’s position is very disadvantageous for the Ukrainians and they are trying to surround it from the south but the Russian “defence” is tough. Only after Ukraine liberates Tavilzhanka will we see more momentum, but the overall progress is going to slow down in the north, especially with the Russian reinforcements – I hope they capture Svatove