The summary of the 228th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 9th October 2022 (Kyiv time).
Ukrainian Army advanced closer to Svatove in Luhansk Oblast, while Russian forces reached the outskirts of Bakhmut from the south. Russian troops attempted to cross the border in the area of Budarky in Kharkiv Oblast, but were caught and forced to retreat.
On Saturday morning, an explosion rocked the Kerch Bridge connecting occupied Crimea with the Russian mainland. The road bridge partially collapsed, the state of the railroad bridge is currently unknown, but given the released photos, it seems to be only lightly damaged.
includes the area of between Oskil and Aydar river
- Ukrainian forces advanced closer to Svatove and liberated Stelmakhivka settlement.
- Ukrainian General Staff reported shelling of Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Pershotravneve. The settlement is likely under Ukrainian control.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Fighting persist in Bakhmutske and Soledar.
- Russian forces attempted to advance in the direction of Krasna Hora. The attempt was stopped by the defenders.
- Wagner’s mercenaries, who operate in this area, managed to advance by another few meters closer to Bakhmut from the east.
- Ukrainian General Staff reported a repulsed attack in the direction of Ivanhrad, indicating the enemy captured Vesela Dolyna and likely Zaitseve as well.
- Russian forces attacked Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Mayorks, Zaitseve (southern one) and Andriivka. Neither attack did succeed.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
- Ukrainian defenders repelled a Russian attack towards Terny. The report by Ukrainian General Staff indicates that Russian forces are closer to Terny vilage than we previously through.
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Ukrainian troops repelled a Russian attack towards Niu-York.
- The enemy attempted to break through Ukrainian lines in the direction of Krasnohorivka, Vesele and Kamyanka. They weren’t successful.
- Russian troops tried to advance and capture new positions in the area of Nevelske and Pervomaiske. The fighting continues, the enemy managed to capture the first line of houses in Pervomaiske.
- Ukrainian forces repelled yet another attack towards Pobieda and Novomykhailivka.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Russian forces attack Ternovy Pody settlement. Ukrainian defenders successfully repelled the attack.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.