The summary of the 226th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 7th October 2022 (Kyiv time).
The situation south of Bakmut is getting complicated. Russian forces, after months of trying, managed to advance and capture at least two settlements.
Ukrainian forces liberated another bunch of villages in Kharkiv and Kherson Oblast, but the pace has slowed down. It’s logical. The spearheading units needs to resupply, rest and most importantly, the rear units need to secure the liberated areas and set up all necessary defensive positions to be ready in case of Russian counter-attack.
includes the area of between Oskil and Aydar river
- Ukrainian Army continues to clear and secure settlements alongside Oskil river. They recently announced the liberation of Hlushkivka.
- Ukrainian forces liberated Makiivka settlement.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attack in the vicinity of Yakovlivka.
- Fighting continues on the streets of Bakhmutske and Soledar.
- The enemy pushed south of Bakhmutske and attacked Ukrainian positions in the direction of Krasna Hora. The attack was repulsed.
- Russian forces advanced by a few meters towards Bakhmut.
- The enemy entered Vesela Dolyna and the nearby Zaitseve. Ukrainian forces reportedly retreated from both settlements amid the worsening situation. However, as we lack evidence that Russian forces are indeed in full control of the said settlements, they are marked as contested for now.
- Russian sources reported the capture of Odradivka and Mykolaivka Druha. This was indirectly confirmed by Ukrainian General Staff, because they reported a repelled attack in the direction of Andriivka.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian attacks towards Kurdyumivka, Mayorsk and in the area of Zaitseve (southern one).
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
- The enemy attacked Ukrainian positions near Vyimka. The attack was repelled.
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Russian forces attempted to break through Ukrainian lines north of Avdiivka and assaulted towards Krasnohorivka, Vesele and Kamyanka. Neither attack did succeed.
- Russian troops assaulted Ukrainian positions near Pervomaiske and Nevelske. Both attacks were repulsed.
- The enemy also intensifies its attacks south of Donetsk. Ukrainian troops managed to repel the attacks towards Novomykhailivka, Pobieda and Vodyane.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Ukrainian forces liberated Tryfonivka in the northern part of Kherson Oblast.
- The enemy attempted to seize new positions in the vicinity of Lyubomyrivka and Ternovi Pody. The attempts were not successful.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.