The summary of the 222nd day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 3rd October 2022 (Kyiv time).
Ukrainian Army launched a counter-offensive in the northern part of Kherson Oblast and managed to break through Russian defensive lines there. They advanced 20 km deep into occupied parts of the oblast and liberated a number of settlements. Ukrainian forces are also advancing in Kharkiv and the northern part of Donetsk Oblast.
Russian forces in Ukraine seem to be in a disarray. They are unable to stop Ukrainian ongoing advance towards Luhansk Oblast, unlogically continue to attack near Bakhmut and now having issues in Kherson Oblast as well.
Note: We say goodbye to Kharkiv Front. Welcome the Sloboda Front.
includes the area of between Oskil and Aydar river
- Ukrainian forces liberated Petropavlivka east of Kupyansk.
- Ukrainian forces advanced north alongside Oskil river and liberated Borova and nearby Shyikivka.
- According to unconfirmed news, Russian forces abandoned the remaining positions alongside Oskil river and withdrew towards Svatove.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Fighting continues in Soledar and Bakhmutske.
- Russian troops attempted to advance closer to Bakmut, but the attempt was repulsed.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian attacks towards Vesela Dolyna, Odradivka and Zaitseve.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- Russian forces attacked Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Vyimka and Spirne. They had no success and retreated to original positions.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
- Ukrainian General Staff reported shelling of Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Novosadovske and Terny. Both settlements are likely under Ukrainian control.
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Ukrainian forces repelled Russian attacks in the direction of Pervomaiske and Nevelske.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Ukrainian president Zelensky announced liberation of Arkhanhelske by 129th Defense Brigade on October 2.
- The soldiers of 128th Mountain Brigade liberated Liubymivka.
- Ukrainian Army launched an offensive towards Nova Kakhovka alongside Dnipro river and have broken through Russian lines there.
- On October 2, Ukrainian forces liberated Kreshchenivka and Zolota Balka. On October 3, Shevchenkivka, Mykhailivka, Havrylivka and reached the outskirts of Dudchany.
- There’s been no visual confirmation of Novooleksandrivka yet, but given Ukrainian presence in Havrylivka, it’s safe to assume the settlement is also under Ukrainian control.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.