The summary of the 216th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 27th September 2022 (Kyiv time).
Ukrainian forces pushing towards Luhansk Oblast and liberating one settlement after another. The situation for Russian forces defending Lyman is becoming critical.
Russian fake referendums were concluded on Tuesday, with the majority of voters in favor of joining Russia. Russia will likely announce the annexation of occupied parts of Ukraine in coming days.
We have very interesting days ahead of us.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
- Ukrainian forces liberated Kupyansk-Vuzlovyi settlement south of Kupyansk.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Fighting continues in Soledar and Bakhmutske.
- Russian forces attempted to break through Ukrainian lines towards Pidhorne. They did advance by a few meters, but didn’t reach the settlement.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian attacks in the vicinity of Mayorsk and towards Kurdyumivka.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- The enemy attacked Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Spirne and Vyimka, without success.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
- Ukrainian forces are advancing north alongside Oskil river and liberated Pisky-Radkivski settlement.
- Ukrainian troops are pushing in the area north of Lyman, attempting to encircle the town. They liberated Karpivka and Ridkodub.
- According to the Russian officer of Bars-13 unit stationed in Lyman, Ukrainian forces liberated Katerynivka, Nove, Kolodyazi and Novoselivka. He also admitted the situation is critical.
- Clashes are reported from Shandryholove. The settlement is contested, but might be liberated in a few hours.
- Ukrainian Army is also pushing towards Lyman from the south. They liberated Skazka Ozera and advanced north, attempting to cut off Drobysheve from Lyman.
- Ukrainian forces entered and liberated Zelena Dolyna. The geolocated video appeared after the deadline, and thus the settlement is marked incorrectly as gray.
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian attacks towards Kamyanka and Pervomaiske.
- Russian forces attempted to break through Ukrainian lines in the vicinity of Novomykhailivka and Pobieda. They didn’t succeed.
- Russian attack towards Pavlivka was repelled.
- Ukrainian General Staff reported shelling of Ukrainian positions in the area of Yehorivka. It seems Ukrainian troops advanced closer to the town, likely from the direction of Shevchenko.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- No change on the ground during the past 48 hours.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.
Apparently this morning thousand of new russian recruits in crimea and st.petersburg are being sent off to military camps to be trained for 2 weeks before being sent to ukraine. Such a bad idea russia is going to get counterattacked and their units will surrender like what happened at balakliya
They are lucky. Some recruits were sent to the front immediatly with 1 day of formality. Some are now pow.
In another military camp, autority annouce 1 month of training.
Not clear if somebody plan something or if local authority just try to do what they can without help.
Russian military science is so advanced that they can train a soldier in just one day.
Somebody know wich kind of troop is BAR13. I heard different version. Reservist, wagner and mercernary (not wagner).
BARs are residues of concept pretty close to the US National Guard built on reservists. The idea was promoted by the pre-Shoigu MoD (also with a serious reform of the whole army. Fortunatelly (for all of us) this has never materialised and Shoigu instead buit palaces and stuff. They originally had to be around 100k in size but never reached the reasonable fraction of this. >>
BARs are the only true reservist forces the RF actually has and most if not all of them were deployed as reinforcement and separate detachments during consecutive waves of ‘hidden mobilisation’. The rest of existing ‘reservists’ are mostly half-trained recruits with very limited capabilities. >>
All these ‘patriotic veterans from Chechnia’ with the actual combat experience are in my age (give or take some few years). And I am 50. Go figure.
Nothing to stop ukrain before starobilsk in the north.
And in the south, i think we will soon see a counterattack to cut the russian. Probably in bilmak or rozivka direction.
Autumn rain, cannon fodder and long logistical lines? Lyman falls and Svatove/Kremina are good goals. Staroblisk could become a unnacessary overstretch. I wouldn´t bet on it in any near future. It really depends on what russia can deploy and how much they redeploy to the north. Right now i wouldn´t bet much money on two counteroffensive axis at the same time.
3 counteroffensive axes, with kherson.
Winter dont stop war in 2014 or in the beginning of the war.
russia have nothing to sent (mobiks with 1 day training is like nothing) before 2 months.
Oskyl defense lign fall without difficulties. Russian need continuous natural cut (or urban area like yampil/lyman/dobre…)to try to stop ukr. Only continuous river is in starobilsk.
Ok, if your time frame is the whole winter, anything is possible. I wouldn´t even exclude an end of the war.
I am 100% sure that russia will fall apart, if the western support holds. It is just a question of when. Concerning battlefield developments, i wouldn´t bet on to much. I am not Valerii Fedorovych Zaluzhnyi, but i am pretty happy, that he is ukrainian.
It seems that Lyman will be recaptured by Ukraine in a few days.Closer to VICTORY!
tbh it’s crazy for how long the russian soldiers held out there, with basically no rest and low supplies they were holding it for weeks, kind of reminds me of severodonetsk
people talking how russia has low moral, but lyman shows the direct opposite, even the british acknowledged that, i think the closer it gets to the new russian borders the harder they’ll fight
might be some tough months ahead
Wow. You might want to check for foreign substances added to your water. The only thing “crazy” about the Russian soldiers are the reasons they’d be there in the first place.
I would not question the bravery of any soldier fighting in war. However, i.am.not sure those soldiers are being given the choice to retreat (which is the obvious smart military move) by the RF. Putin is not just evil, he is on full TILT and making mistakes
Its sure. Without putin “general”, russia will have win easily this war.
yep sure … if …if….if….if
Ukraine can easily hit the Starobilsk railway bridge over the Aidar river.
Why don’t they?
That removes all Russian northerly rail logistics!
Frontline is ~70 km from the bridge, and it would be dangerous for the limited ammount of Himars to operate too close to the front. Also Russians in Svatove may be more important target for now
They are Probably hitting the lign near troiske or urazovo. Here its close to the frontline.