The summary of the 200th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 11th September 2022 (Kyiv time).
Ukrainian success on the battlefield forced Russians to order a withdrawal of its forces from Kharkiv Oblast. The enemy wasn’t able to keep up with Ukrainian progress, and the reinforcements didn’t arrive in time. Russian forces retreated in panic, leaving hundreds of equipment and tons of supplies behind. Ukrainian Army thus not only liberated a lot of ground, but also captured equipment worth equipping at least one new brigade.
Russian troops continue to have a local success near Bakhmut, where they managed to capture Kodema after weeks of fighting.
Note: I have a vacation next week. The next summary will be released on September 19, 2022. Thank you for understanding.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Russian command, after the successful Ukrainian operation in the vicinity of Balakliia, Kupyansk and Izium, ordered the remaining Russian forces to withdraw across the border and Oskil river.
- Ukrainian forces subsequently entered dozens of settlement, mostly without any resistance. Visually confirmed villages are marked with blue, the ones we’re currently missing visual proof are marked with gray color.
- Ukrainian troops reached the border with Russia in the afternoon on September 11, 2022.
- Ladies and gentlemen, the Battle of Kharkiv is over.
includes the vicinity of Balakliia and Kupyansk
- Ukrainian forces advanced north and liberated Kindrashivka and Dvorichna.
- Ukrainian forces liberated Izium, Russian forces abandoned their positions and retreated through Oskil.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Fighting continues inside Soledar and towards Bakhmut. Neither side reported any gains or losses.
- Russian forces captured Ukrainian fortified positions west of Kodema, confirming the settlement is also under Russian control.
- Russian troops attempted to advance towards Mayorsk, Kurdyumivka and Mykolaivka Druha. Neither of these attempts was successful.
- Due to the reported Russian attack in the direction of Kurdyumivka, Dacha settlement is very likely under Russian control.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- Russian forces withdrew from the area north of Slovyansk.
- Rumors flooded the internet about the Ukrainian liberation of Lyman, Yampil and reaching Lysychansk. Until this moment, we haven’t seen any proof, and thus it remains only as rumor.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian attack towards Avdiivka.
- Russian forces attempted to break through Ukrainian lines in the vicinity of Vodyane and Pervomaiske, without success they retreated.
- Ukrainian mechanized element tried to regain lost positions in Pisky. The attack wasn’t successful, and Ukrainian forces lost two tanks.
- The enemy tried to seize new positions in the area of Novomykhailivka. After months of fighting, Russian forces continue to be unsuccessful in this area.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- No changes on the ground during the last 48 hours.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.