The summary of the 198th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 9th September 2022 (Kyiv time).
Ukrainian offensive in Kharkiv Oblast is progressing at steady peace. The advancing forces reached Kupyansk and liberated a number of settlements along the way. Russian Army is gathering all available reserves to stop the Ukrainian offensive at Oskil river, at least. There are many rumors currently floating on Twitter and other social media, but we have to wait on for confirmation for many.
Russian forces, likely due to shifting its forces towards Kharkiv Oblast, decreased the number of attacks everywhere else. They have a minor success in Donetsk Oblast, but compared to Ukrainian offensive, it’s not worth mentioning.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attack in the vicinity of Udy settlement.
- Russian troops attempted to advance in the direction Prudyanka and Rusky Tyshky. They weren’t successful.
includes the vicinity of Balakliia and Kupyansk
- Ukrainian Army liberated Hrakove and Chkalovske. It seems very likely the highway M-03 between Chuhuiv and Volokhiv Yar is fully under Ukrainian control.
- Ukrainian forces reached the south-western outskirts of Kupyansk and entered the town. Fighting is reported inside the town proper, Russian forces are pulling all available reserves to reinforce the defenses.
- According to unconfirmed news, Ukrainian troops are also pushing alongside the Oskil river and reached Senkove. At this moment, there is no proof to confirm or deny such advance.
- Ukrainian troops are advancing towards Izium alongside the M-03 highway, but there are currently no confirmed details regarding this direction.
- In the evening, rumors appeared about Ukrainian forces reaching the outskirts of Izium from the north. However, there is no visual evidence to confirm or deny this information.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Fighting continues inside Soledar and Bakhmutske.
- Russian forces tried to advance and seize new positions in the vicinity of Mykolaivka Druha and Zaitseve. Neither try was successful.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian assaults towards Virnopillya, Dibrivne and in the vicinity of Dovhenke.
- According to unconfirmed news, Ukrainian element is advancing in the direction of Lyman. The information is supported by a recent video of soldiers of Ukrainian 79th AirAssault Brigade, who were walking through Staryi Karavan a few days ago, visibly equipped for multi-day operation.
- Russian forces assaulted Ukrainian positions near Hryhorivka. The attack wasn’t successful.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Russian forces attempted to break through Ukrainian lines towards Avdiivka near Kamyanka. The attack was repulsed.
- The enemy tried to advance towards Pervomaiske and Nevelske west of Pisky. Neither attack was successful.
- Russian troops tried to seize new positions in Marinka and in the direction of Pobieda. Both attacks were repelled.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Ukrainian soldiers hoisted the Ukrainian flag in Blahodativka. The settlement is under Ukrainian control.
- Ukrainian troops repelled a Russian assault in the vicinity of Bezimenne. The village seems to be contested at minimum.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.