The summary of the 196th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 7th September 2022 (Kyiv time).
Ukrainian Army has launched an offensive in Kharkiv Oblast and liberated a number of settlements. Russian forces were likely caught off guard and the initiative is on Ukrainian side.
Ukrainians also continue with its offensive in Kherson Oblast, where they liberated one settlement and local offensive is also reported from the Siversk area.
Russian forces captured the remaining parts of Pisky settlement and continue to unsuccessfully attack Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Bakhmut.
Note: We have a new front – Kupyansk.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Ukrainian troops repelled Russian attacks towards Pytomnyk and Rusky Tyshky.
includes the vicinity of Balakliia and Kupyansk
- Ukrainian Army has launched an offensive in the area of Balakliia and caught the Russians by surprise. The operation is conducted by elements of 25th Airborne Brigade, 80th AirAssault Brigade and 92nd Mechanized Brigade.
- Ukrainian forces liberated Verbivka, Yakovenkove, Volokhiv Yar north of Balakliia, and according to unconfirmed reports they’re advancing towards Semenivka and Bryhadyrivka.
- Russian forces abandoned their positions south of Balakliia and withdrew across Siverskyi Donets river. Ukrainian forces entered and secured Nova Husarivka and Bayrak.
- Kalynivka and Taranushyne are likely under Ukrainian control, but because there is no visual proof yet, they are marked as Unknown control for now.
- Ukrainian troops entered Balakliia from the west. Clashes are reported from the town.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- The intensity of fighting has decreased in Soledar, Bakhmutske and towards Bakhmut. Sporadic clashes however continue.
- The enemy tried to improve its position near Vesela Dolyna. The attempt was denied by Ukrainian defenders.
- Russian forces attempted to advance in the direction of Mykolaivka Druha. The attack was repulsed, but the enemy seized new positions in the area.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian attacks in the vicinity of Zaitseve and Kodema. Despite Russian propaganda, there is still no proof Russian forces captured the Ukrainian fortified positions west of Kodema.
- Russian troops attacked Mayorsk, but without success they retreated.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- Soldiers of 79th AirAssault Brigade crossed Siversky Donetsk river near Raihorodok and liberated Staryi Karavan. The nearby Brusivka settlement is very likely under Ukrainian control as well.
- Russian forces attacked Ukrainian positions at Hryhorivka. The attack was repelled.
- Ukrainian command deployed an element of 80th AirAssault Brigade and 46th Assault Battalion Donbas near Siversk. The combined group managed to push Russian forces away from Verkhnokamyanske and Ivano-Darivka.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian assault in the vicinity of Novobakhmutivka.
- The enemy launched an offensive attempt towards Avdiivka and Opytne. They didn’t succeed.
- Based on the released footage, Russian forces reached the highway bridge at Stavok Mykka, west of Pisky. The settlement is under Russian control.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Soldiers of 128th Mountain Brigade raised Ukrainian flag in Novovoznesenske.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.
Now we have only and truthful information about what is really happening in the Kharkiv area.
It was all planned from the start! [ https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1567916735054991360?cxt=HHwWgMC-5dP9rcIrAAAA ].
(the ‘treason’ and ‘knife in the back’ is circling also, Ru trollfarms’ overseers still did not manage to compose new exciting narratives)
It seems like the video “Ukrainian troops being welcomed by the local population in #Kharkiv Oblast” was captured in Borivske (49.64322221430711, 37.33336361887403).
Thanks! Seems to fit
BTW, is the alleged takeover of Vremivka and Novopil by the RU army (Zaporizhzhia oblast) another virtual victory?
IIRC only @DonbasDevushka ‘reported’ this and this is ‘supertroll’ account.
(but I may be wrong ofc. there is a lot of noise I might miss smth)
what strikes me is that even the little bird on the branch knew about the developing offensive on Balakleya, while RU commanders were “caught by surprise”. Pretty incompetent after all.
20000 held in a strangle move in Kherson, a successful attack threatening supply lines to the izyum bridgehead and enormous losses reported. Meanwhile precission ammunition is running low, more and more sovjet stuff is showing up since the good stuff is depleted, and fresh personnel consists of badly trained volunteers and convicts. On the other hand ukraines mobilization isn´t finished and…
… this got to long, i switched to the forum.
Russian combat losses by MoD of Ukraine since 24.2. (8.9.):
personnel – 51250 (+640),
tanks ‒ 2112 (+15),
APV ‒ 4557 (+37),
artillery systems – 1226 (+32),
MLRS – 305 (+5),
Anti-aircraft warfare systems ‒ 159 (+3),
aircraft – 239 (+2),
helicopters – 210 (+2),
UAV operational-tactical level – 884 (+4).
This may be the worst day for russia apart from the sinking of the Moskwa.
Russian losses as of 8.9. since 29.8. (start of counteroffensive) in total; avg. (since 24.2.) as reported by ukraine:
Personnel: 4500; 409 (260)
Tanks: 170; 15 (11)
APV: 300; 27 (23)
Art.: 176; 16 (6)
MLRS: 22; 3 (2)
Pisky is not fully under control of russian forces. Volodymyr Rehesha (Commander of “SANTA”) has said, that they are controlling the last blocks of the village.
2nd image (Kupiansk) the magnifier does not work.
Now it’s more “I saw the Winged HIMARS!” but the panic is the same.
Kupyansk Front fixed.
I know about the settlements, I have them on my list, but until we get visual confirmation, it’s gonna remain on that list.
np. ty for the good job.