The summary of the 194th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 5th September 2022 (Kyiv time).
Ukrainian Army continues the offensive operation in Kherson Oblast and is slowly pushing from the north towards the south. Ukrainians also managed to cross Siverskyi Donets river in Donbas and raided Russian positions at Ozerne.
Russian forces have trouble to advance alongside the whole frontline and likely now putting their hopes into the newly formed 3rd Army Corps to help them to resume the offensive at least towards Slovyansk.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- No changes on the ground during the last 48 hours.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Clashes continue in Bakhmutske, Soledar and towards Bakhmut. Russian forces are reportedly running out of steam in the area, and Ukrainian forces have been able to make localized counter-attacks.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian attack towards Vesela Dolyna and in the vicinity of Kodema, Zaitseve and Mayorsk.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- The enemy tried to advance in the direction of Bohorodychne and Dolyna. They didn’t succeed.
- Ukrainian forces crossed Siverskyi Donets and liberated Ozerne. This is likely not the beginning of a Ukrainian offensive in the area, but rather a probing attack to test Russian defenses and gain their attention.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Russian forces attempted to advance towards Avdiivka, but without success and retreated.
- The enemy used its newly gained positions in the vicinity of Donetsk Airport and tried to push towards Vodyane. Ukrainian troops repelled the attack.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled yet another attack in direction of Nevelske.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Ukrainian forces confirmed the liberation of Vysokopillya and raised Ukrainian flag inside the town (hospital and police station)
- Russian forces subsequently left the nearby Olhyne settlement, and Ukrainian troops entered the village later on.
- Ukrainian General Staff reported shelling of their positions near Liubymivka and Novovoskresenske. The later one is rather interesting as it’s behind the known contact line. Ukrainian forces have likely broken through Russian lines and advanced towards the mentioned village.
- Based on the released footage, Ukrainian Marines managed to reach Kostromka and assaulted Russian positions there.
- Ukrainian troops also reached the vicinity of Bezimenne, south of Sukhyi Stavok.
- The fate of Blahodativka remains unknown at this moment, there are rumors that Russian garrison withdrew to avoid encirclement.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.