The summary of the 192nd day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 3rd September 2022 (Kyiv time).
Ukrainian forces are slowly advancing in the Kherson Oblast, with losses reported on both sides. The amount of Russian attacks has decreased in Donbas, while Ukrainian command seems to shift its units around
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attack towards Husarivka.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Fighting continues in Soledar, Bakhmutske and in the direction of Bakhmut.
- The enemy tried to improve its position near Vesela Dolyna, but wasn’t successful.
- Russian forces tried to advance in the vicinity of Kodema. Ukrainian troops denied the attempt.
- Chechen units have been reportedly transferred to the area of Mayorsk and Zaitseve. Ukrainian defenders repelled their first attempt to advance in this direction.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- A Russian reconnaissance element attempted to break through Ukrainian lines near Dolyna. They didn’t succeed.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- The enemy assaulted Ukrainian positions in the area of Novobakhmutivka. Ukrainians repulsed the attack.
- Ukrainian forces reportedly not only repelled Russian attacks towards Opytne, Pervomaiske and Nevelske, but also regained unspecified positions in those directions.
- Russian troops attempted to advance towards Avdiivka and Krasnohorivka, but didn’t gain any new position.
- Fighting continues in Marinka. The situation remains unclear, but neither side reported any significant gains or losses.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Based on the released footage and report of Ukrainian General Staff of shelling near Khreshchenivka, it is safe to assume Ukrainian forces liberated Petrivka and advanced south.
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attack in the vicinity of Potomkyne and Vysokopillya. However, based on the available footage, there is a Russian presence in the southern outskirts of Vysokopillya. The town status has been changed to contested.
- Ukrainian troops also gained new grounds in the direction of Olhyne.
- Soldiers of Foreign Legion and Ukrainian Volunteer Army entered Arkhanhelske. However, as there isn’t any evidence the town is fully liberated, Arkhanhelske was marked as contested for now.
- The situation at Sukhyi Stavok remains covered by the fog of war.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR.