The summary of the 186th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 28th August 2022 (Kyiv time).
Russian forces likely captured one settlement in Kharkiv Oblast and reached the outskirts of two more in Donetsk Oblast. Ongoing fighting is reported from the north of Slovyansk, where Ukrainian forces seem to have a partial success.
The enemy continues to be unsuccessful on the Donetsk Front, where the defenders are able to repel enemy attacks one after another.
Russian army has reportedly finished the formation of 3rd Army Corps and begun to deploy the units to Ukraine.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Russians released footage of their soldiers casually walking in Udy. The settlement seems to be under Russian control.
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attack near Svitlychne near Udy.
- Russian forces tried to advance in the vicinity of Dementiivka, but without success.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Based on the released footage, Russian forces entered the southern outskirts of Yakovlivka.
- Fighting continues in Soledar and Bakhmutske. Russian troops also continue its attempt to advance in the direction of Bakhmut.
- The enemy assaulted Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Vesela Dolyna and Zaitseve. The attack was repelled and the enemy retreated.
- Russian forces entered the eastern outskirts of Kodema. There is a fortified position of Ukrainian Forces on the high ground west of Kodema, overlooking the village. Ukrainian troops were likely never stationed in the settlement itself.
- The enemy attacked the Ukrainian checkpoint at Mayorks, but didn’t succeed.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- Ukrainian General Staff reported repulsed attacks towards Brazhkivka and Dovhenke. There seems to be a presence of Ukrainian forces in close vicinity of the mentioned settlements.
- Russian forces attempted to advance in the vicinity of Bohorodychne, but didn’t make progress.
- The enemy tried to improve positions near Hryhorivka. Ukrainian defenders repelled the attack.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Russian forces attacked Ukrainian positions near Oleksandropil, fighting continues.
- Ukrainian troops repelled Russian attack towards Nevelske and Pervomaiske.
- The enemy tried to break through Ukrainian lines towards Pavlivka and Prechistivka, but without success, and the enemy retreated. Russian troops lost two BMP-3 infantry fighting vehicles during the attack towards Pavlivka.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- No change on the ground.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR