The summary of the 184th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 26th August 2022 (Kyiv time).
The combat activity of Russian forces ceased to a minimum during the last 48 hours. The enemy is unable to gather enough forces to make a meaningful push and break through Ukrainian defense lines.
Meanwhile, Ukrainian forces successfully targeted the last working bridge across Dnipro river. All Russian forces stationed on the western bank of Dnipro now relies on the pontoon bridge near Antonovsky bridge.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- No activity on the ground during the last 48 hours in Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- The battle of Soledar and Bakhmutske continues, neither side reported any new gains or losses during the last 48 hours.
- Russian forces attempted to push closer to Bakhmut. Ukrainian defenders repelled the attack.
- The enemy tried to advance towards Kodema from the direction of Travneve. They didn’t succeed.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attack towards Dolyna from the direction of Pasika.
- The enemy tried to advance in the vicinity of Staryi Karavan. The attack was repelled by the defenders. This is especially interesting report, as we previously didn’t know about Ukrainian presence on the left bank of Siverskyi Donets river. I marked both Staryi Karavan and Brusivka as unknown control until we learn more.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
- The enemy attempted to break through Ukrainian lines towards Karnaukhivka, but without success and retreated.
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- The enemy was unable to hold the north-western part of Pisky, likely due to Ukrainian reinforcements in the form of combined group of 503rd Marines Battalion and Border Guards detachment.
- Russian forces tried to create a breakthrough towards Pervomaiske, but they didn’t succeed.
- Fighting continues east of Nevelske, the enemy is unable to reach the settlement
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Ukrainian artillery targeted a bridge at Kakhovka Hydroelectric Power Plant when an enemy convoy was moving to the other side. Based on the released footage, it’s safe to mark the bridge as destroyed.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR