The summary of the 182nd day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 24th August 2022 (Kyiv time).
During the last 48 hours, the intensity of Russian attacks has decreased, and the enemy was unable to advance forward anywhere. We all feared what might happen on August 24, when Ukraine celebrates the Independence Day. Nothing happened, nothing at all.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- No activity on the ground during the last 48 hours in Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- The battle of Soledar and Bakhmutske continues. Ukrainian forces are able to repel Russian attacks.
- Russian forces tried to improve its positions towards Bakhmut. The attack was denied by Ukrainian defenders.
- The enemy attacked Ukrainian positions at Kodema, but without success and had to retreat.
- Russian troops attempted to break through Ukrainian lines towards Kurdyumivka. Ukrainian troops repelled the attack.
- Ukrainian forces repulsed a Russian attack towards Zaitseve.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- The enemy reconnaissance elements attacked Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Bohorodychne. The defenders denied the attempt.
- Russian forces tried to advance in the direction of Nova Dmytrivka. They did not succeed.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- The enemy launched an attack towards Krasnohorivka, but met fierce resistance by Ukrainian fighters and withdrew.
- Fighting continues on the western edge of Pisky settlement.
- Ukrainian forces repelled Russian attacks towards Pervomaiske and Nevelske.
- Russian forces attacked Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Pobieda and Novomykhailivka. The attacking force received accurate artillery fire and retreated.
- The enemy attempted to break through Ukrainian lines at Velyka Novosilka, Zolota Nvy and Pavlivka. There was enough forces in the area to repulse the attack.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Russian forces attacked towards Mykolaivka in the northern Kherson Oblast. The attack was not successful.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR