The summary of the 176th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 18th August 2022 (Kyiv time).
Russian army tried to break through Ukrainian lines near Chuhuiv, but Ukrainian defense was ready to meet them and pushed them back. Fighting continues in the vicinity of Bakhmut, but no significant change has developed during the last 48 hours.
On the Donetsk Front, Russian forces managed to push Ukrainian troops out of Pisky, after weeks of heavy fighting. The capture of the settlement is however only symbolic, the enemy has no advantage by controlling the settlement.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Russian forces attempted to break through Ukrainian lines at Bazaliivka and Lebyazhe. The attempt was thwarted by Ukrainian soldiers.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Fighting continues in Soledar and nearby Bakhmutske.
- Ukrainian forces repelled Russian attacks towards Bakhmut from the direction of Pokrovske and Klynove.
- Russian troops tried to advance in the direction of Zalizne and Shumy west of Horlivka. They didn’t succeed.
- The enemy attempted to advance towards Zaitseve and Kodema from the direction of Semihirya. Both attacks were successfully repulsed.
- Russian forces attacked Ukrainian positions at Zaitseve. The attack was repelled.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- Russian reconnaissance element tried to seize new positions in the direction of Mazanivka and Nova Dmytrivka. Ukrainian defenders forced the enemy element to retreat.
- The enemy tried to improve its positions in the vicinity of Spirne, without success.
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attack towards Bilohorivka.
- Russian troops attempted to break through Ukrainian lines towards Vyimka from the direction of Mykolaivka. Ukrainian forces were able to thwart the attempt.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Russian forces tried to break through Ukrainian lines in the area of Kamyanka towards Avdiivka. The enemy led the attack from two directions – Verkhnotoretske and Novoselivka Druha. Fighting continues.
- The enemy has launched an offensive towards Opytne and was able to advance closer to the settlement.
- Russian forces captured the majority of Pisky settlement.
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions near Pervomaiske from the direction of Pisky and Lozove. Ukrainian troops were able to repulse the attacks.
- The enemy has partial success in the area of Novomykhailivka and was able to push closer to the settlement.
- Russian troops attempted to advance in the direction of Vodyane, without success.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled a Russian attack towards Shevchenko from the direction of Yehorivka.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Ukrainian troops repelled a Russian attempt towards Bilohirka.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR