The summary of the 172nd day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 14th August 2022 (Kyiv time).
Russian forces continue to slowly advance in Pisky and towards Bakhmut, where the Ukrainian army prepares for the defense of the city. The other frontlines remain without change, with local clashes only.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Russian forces tried to improve its positions near Pytomnyk. The attempt failed.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Russian forces continue to try and fail to advance in the vicinity of Yakovlivka.
- The enemy is pushing from the direction of Pokrovske and is about to reach the eastern outskirts of Bakhmut. The battle of the city is imminent.
- A railway bridge over Bakhmutovka River in Bakhmut was blown up.
- The enemy tried to advance in the area of Vershyna towards Zaitseve. The attack was repelled.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- Russian forces attempted to breakthrough Ukrainian lines near Dolyna. The attack was repulsed by Ukrainian defenders.
- Russian reconnaissance element tried to capture Ukrainian positions near Serebrynka. The group was met with accurate fire and later retreated.
- Fighting continues in the area of Ivano-Darivka. The enemy attempted to advance from two directions – nearby refinery and Spirne.
- Russian troops gained full control over Spirne settlement.
- The enemy attacked Ukrainian positions near Vyimka from the direction of Mykolaivka.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Russian troops captured Novoselivka settlement near Horlivka and tried to advance towards Olexandropil. The enemy’s breakthrough was stopped in the vicinity of Olexandropil.
- The enemy attacked Ukrainian positions at Krasnohorivka from the direction of Novoselivka Druha.
- Hostilities continue south of Avdiivka, the enemy tried to advance from the area of Spartak, but is unable to cross the M-30 highway and advance closer to the town.
- Fighting also continues in Pisky. Russian forces control 80% of the settlement, based on the available footage. Ukrainian troops likely retreated behind the M-30 highway.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled a Russian attack towards Pavlivka.
- The enemy tried to advance towards Novosilka from the direction of Storozheve, without success.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Ukrainian forces repulsed a Russian attack towards Lozove. The enemy led the attack from the direction of Sukhyi Stavok.
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Shyroke. The attack was repelled.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR