The summary of the 168th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 10th August 2022 (Kyiv time).
The situation didn’t change during the last two days. Russian army remains focused on the vicinity of Bakhmut and Avdiivka. Kharkiv front reports increased combat activity of Russian troops, but Ukrainian forces were ready to meet them and repel all attacks.
Large explosions occurred at Novofedorivka base in occupied Crimea. We don’t know yet the cause of the explosions, but we know for sure it caused panic among the Russian population located on the occupied peninsula. Russian air force lost several planes during the explosions, as it can be seen on the released satellite images.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Ukrainian troops repelled a Russian attack towards Udy from the direction of Veterynarne.
- The enemy tried to advance and capture new positions near Petrivka. The attack was repulsed.
- Fighting continues in the area of Husarivka, where Russian forces are pushing from the occupied Bayrak.
- Ukrainian forces repelled a breakthrough attempt in the area of Velyka Kmyshuvkha. The enemy retreated.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Ukrainian troops repelled yet another attack towards Yakovlivka.
- House to house fighting continues in Soledar. Russian forces managed to capture an industrial complex on the eastern part of the town.
- The enemy advanced closer to Pidhorne, but haven’t yet reached the settlement itself.
- Russia continues to attack Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Bakhmut.
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian troops in Kodema, but without success and retreated.
- The enemy captured Hladosove settlement west of Travneve.
- Clashes are reported from Zaitseve (the southern one). According to Russian sources, the troops managed to capture the southern part of the town.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- Russian recon element tried to seize Ukrainian positions near Ivano Darivka, but didn’t succeed.
- The enemy attempted to mount an offensive operation in the vicinity of Spirne, but Ukrainian forces revealed the attempt.
- Russians released a video from the center of Berestove. It seems that Russian forces in full control of the settlement.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Russians launched another series of attacks towards Avdiivka, actively used aviation to strike Ukrainian positions in the area. Despite the air superiority, Russian forces were unable to advance and reach the outskirts.
- Russian army have attempted to restore its offensive in Pisky. Both sides reported fighting in the village.
- The enemy assaulted towards Krasnohorivka. Ukrainian forces, with the help of artillery, repelled the attack.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions near Lozove. The attack was repelled.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR