The summary of the 168th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 10th August 2022 (Kyiv time).
The situation didn’t change during the last two days. Russian army remains focused on the vicinity of Bakhmut and Avdiivka. Kharkiv front reports increased combat activity of Russian troops, but Ukrainian forces were ready to meet them and repel all attacks.
Large explosions occurred at Novofedorivka base in occupied Crimea. We don’t know yet the cause of the explosions, but we know for sure it caused panic among the Russian population located on the occupied peninsula. Russian air force lost several planes during the explosions, as it can be seen on the released satellite images.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Ukrainian troops repelled a Russian attack towards Udy from the direction of Veterynarne.
- The enemy tried to advance and capture new positions near Petrivka. The attack was repulsed.
- Fighting continues in the area of Husarivka, where Russian forces are pushing from the occupied Bayrak.
- Ukrainian forces repelled a breakthrough attempt in the area of Velyka Kmyshuvkha. The enemy retreated.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Ukrainian troops repelled yet another attack towards Yakovlivka.
- House to house fighting continues in Soledar. Russian forces managed to capture an industrial complex on the eastern part of the town.
- The enemy advanced closer to Pidhorne, but haven’t yet reached the settlement itself.
- Russia continues to attack Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Bakhmut.
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian troops in Kodema, but without success and retreated.
- The enemy captured Hladosove settlement west of Travneve.
- Clashes are reported from Zaitseve (the southern one). According to Russian sources, the troops managed to capture the southern part of the town.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- Russian recon element tried to seize Ukrainian positions near Ivano Darivka, but didn’t succeed.
- The enemy attempted to mount an offensive operation in the vicinity of Spirne, but Ukrainian forces revealed the attempt.
- Russians released a video from the center of Berestove. It seems that Russian forces in full control of the settlement.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Russians launched another series of attacks towards Avdiivka, actively used aviation to strike Ukrainian positions in the area. Despite the air superiority, Russian forces were unable to advance and reach the outskirts.
- Russian army have attempted to restore its offensive in Pisky. Both sides reported fighting in the village.
- The enemy assaulted towards Krasnohorivka. Ukrainian forces, with the help of artillery, repelled the attack.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions near Lozove. The attack was repelled.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR
Btw when is the counterattack?
Hard to tell, no ETA was given.
Why don’t you tell, that Podolyak said, that so called “Counterattack” was a fraud?
It s a strangel move and it allready started. No reason to throw punches, if you have your opponent locked up on the left bank. You just have to wait till the last air is out. Winter is coming for russia.
“winter is coming” for Europe – we´ll see what support they can/will give while freezing or uprisings occur – with the mud the ph´s and himars may have narrowed position possibilities – the mud may stop the Russians a bit – winter won´t
Mean winter temperatures have risen dramatically over past years in Europe.
…and if you really think that Europe will have “freezing” problems in the winter you are beyond repair.
Eh mate, The baltics already practicaly stopped using russian fossile fuels. and Netherlands has the third largest gas field in Groningen that is not being used at the moment. it could supply the Netherlands and Germany with enough gas for at least 10 years. France doesnt need gas due to major nuclear power plants. only country that might get issues is Hungary.
I’ll open you a little don’t tell to others, they still buy Russian fossil fuels but they buy it through other suppliers like Kazakhstan. No one is saying that Europe will die without Russia’s resources even in Russia, but this will greatly weaken Europe and the economy compared to China and the United States. Germany needs cheap resources to keep its business competitive.
One winter there may be a problem, it takes a while for supplies to start flowing from alternative sources.
And until Germany recovers and closes its nuclear power plants, there will be no problem.
…Russia can sell its gas to China and India and ship it there by the bucketload (because they don’t have reasonable pipeline connections). And if little Putin thinks that China will buy from him at full price, he is sorely mistaken. China is a brutal trader – when it finds out Putin has no one else to sell to, it will offer half or a third of the price…
…And then what does Russia have left? Gas and oil in small quantities and for little money. Weapons? No one will buy them, not even Eritrea, because Ukraine has shown that they don’t really work as they should… and there’s nothing else Russia can offer its trading partners.