The summary of the 164th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 6th August 2022 (Kyiv time).
Russian army focuses on breaking through Ukrainian lines in the vicinity of Avdiivka and Pisky at all costs, but so far is unable to advance deeper into Ukrainian controlled territory, and has only minor gains. Russians have more success in the area of Bakhmut, where the troops are approaching the outskirts from the south and east.
Ukrainian forces successfully repelled most of the attacks on their positions in the last 48 hours.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Fighting continues in the area of Husarivka.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Ukrainian troops retreated from Travneve
and Kodemaand moved to more favorable positions. The enemy captured these two settlements later on.
- Russian forces reached the outskirts of Kodema, fighting is ongoing.
- The enemy attempted to advance towards Zaitseve, but the attack was repelled.
- Russian forces continue to attack Ukrainian positions at Bakhmutske, Soledar, Yakovlivka and the western outskirts of Vershyna. Ukrainian defenders repulsed all attacks.
- A complicated situation remains east of Bakhmut. Russian troops continue to put pressure on the defenders from the direction of Pokrovske and are slowly advancing towards the city.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- The enemy tried to capture the western outskirts of Bohorodychne, but without success and withdrew.
Note: As there is no solid confirmation that Russian troops are located in Bohorodychne and Ukrainian General Staff reported a repelled attack on the western outskirts, it seems Russians are no longer in control of the settlement.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Fighting continues in the vicinity of Krasnohorivka, Pisky, Avdiivka and Krasnohorivka (north of Avdiivka).
- The enemy tried to break through Ukrainian lines in the direction of Nevelske. The assault was repelled.
- Russian forces attempted to advance and capture new positions in Marinka, but didn’t succeed and were forced to retreat.
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attack towards Pavlivka.
- The enemy attacked Ukrainian positions near Prechystivka from the direction of Novomaiorske. The attack was successfully repulsed.
Note: The recent report by Ukrainian General Staff clarifies of who is in control of Novomaiorske. It seems Russian troops captured the settlement a while ago.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- The enemy, yet again, tried to regain lost positions near Lozove with no success.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR