The summary of the 162nd day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 4th August 2022 (Kyiv time).
The hottest points remain Avdiivka and Pisky, where the Russian army throws on Ukrainian defenders everything it has in the area. Meanwhile, Russian troops have advanced closer to Bakhmut and one of the key battles of Donbas is ahead.
Ukrainian forces liberated Dibrivne and advanced closer to Izium. Russian troops lost the initiative and are on the defense in the area north of Slovyansk.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Ukrainian troops repelled a Russian attack in the area of Dementievka.
- The enemy is attempting to breakthrough Ukrainian lines in the vicinity of Husarivka from the direction of Bayrak. The fighting continues.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attack towards Yakovlivka. The enemy led the attack from two directions – Volodymyrivka and Vasylivka.
- Fierce fighting continues in the southern part of Soledar and south-east of Bakhmut, where the enemy concentrates the main force.
- Russian troops captured Semyhirya, Ukrainian troops retreated to Kodema.
- Russian forces attempted to advance closer to Kodema from three sides – Novoluhanske, Vemyhirya and Vidrodzhennya. Fighting continues.
- Ongoing fighting is also reported in the vicinity of Zaitseve, Vershyna and Travneve. Ukrainian defenders have been able to repel Russian attacks towards these settlements so far.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- Ukrainian forces revealed a Russian recon element in the vicinity of Mazanivka. The group was eliminated.
- Russian troops tried to advance towards Bohorodychne from the area of Dovhenka. The attack was repulsed.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled an enemy attack towards Dolyna from the direction of Yaremivka
- Soldiers of Ukrainian 93rd Mechanized Brigade regained full control over Dibrivne settlement and also cleared the close vicinity. The enemy retreated.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Ukrainian defenders repelled a Russian attack towards Krasnohorivka, north of Avdiivka.
- Russian forces attacked Avdiivka, but are unable to advance to reach the city proper.
- A very complicated situation continues in Pisky. Russian forces attacked the settlement from three directions – Lozove, Vesele and Donetsk. Russians claim they control the whole settlement, but no footage was released to confirm this claim. The settlement remains contested on the maps.
- The enemy also attacked Ukrainian positions at Marinka. The attack was repelled.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- No change on the ground.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Ukrainian troops repelled Russian attacks towards Bilohirka and Lozove settlements.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR