The summary of the 158th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 31st July 2022 (Kyiv time).
Ukrainian troops are unable to hold off overhelming Russian forces in the area of Bakhmut. The enemy is slowly, but surely advancing towards Bakhmut from the southern and eastern direction. Russian army also continues its offensive attempts in the area of Donetsk, but have so far only minimal gains and Ukrainian defenders are able to repel these attacks.
Russian army shelled the border areas of Chernihiv and Sumy Oblasts again, and caused damage to civilian infrastructure.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Russian reconnaissance group tried to locate Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Husarivka. The attempt, from the direction of Nova Husarivka, was reveled and supressed.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions at Yakovlivka, the attack was repelled.
- The enemy is slowly, but surely advancing towards Soledar from the direction of Stryapivka. Russian army has air and manpower superiority in the area.
- Russian forces captured Pokrovske after a fierce resistance by the defenders. Ukrainian troops remain in the vicinity of the town.
- Russian troops used newly gained positions at Pokrovske to advance towards Bakhmut. The attempt was repulsed.
- The enemy attacked Ukrainian forces in the vicinity of Zaitseve (near Vershyna), but without success and retreated.
- Russian forces attacked Semyhirya from three sides and established control over the eastern outskirts of the settlement.
- Ukrainian troops repelled a Russian attack towards Travnate from the direction of Dolomite.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian assaults in the area of Dmytrivka and Brazhivka.
- Russian reconnaissance element was discovered in the vicinity of Dolyna. After a brief skirmish, the enemy retreated.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Ukrainian troops stopped Russian advance from Novoselivka Druha towards Krasnohorivka. The enemy however gained a new ground alongside the local road.
- Russian troops continue its assault towards Avdiivka and reportedly captured Butovka mine, north of Spartak.
- Ukrainian forces repelled a number of attacks on Krasnohorivka and Marinka.
- Russian forces launched an offensive towards Marinka and Pavlivka.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- There was no change on Zaporizhzhia front.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Ukrainian troops repelled a Russian attack on Bilohirka from the direction of Bruskynske.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR