The summary of the 150th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 23rd July 2022 (Kyiv time).
Russian forces are advancing at much slower peace than they’d like to, and pay a high price for every newly captured meter. Ukrainian forces are slowly gaining the initiative in some areas, and given the fact that fresh Ukrainian units are being moved to the frontline and the float of western weapons ain’t stopping, Russian forces might soon face some troubles in the most distant areas.
Ukrainian artillery shelled a bridge over Inhulec river, north-east of Kherson. The bridge is usable, but damaged, and complicates Russian resupply of Kherson furthermore.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Ukrainian forces are probing Russian defenses south of Chuhuiv, alongside the M-03 highway.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Russian forces advanced closer to Soledar and captured the settlement of Straipivka.
- Heavy fighting is reported from the area of Novoluhanske and Vuhledar Power plant. Ukrainian forces are successfully repelling Russian attacks.
- Ukrainian defenders repulsed an attack in the area of Pokrovske.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- Russian reconnaissance elements tried to flank Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Bohorodychne. They were caught by Ukrainian forces and were forced to withdraw.
- The enemy led an attack towards Verkhnokamyanske from multiple directions. The main assault was conducted from the direction of Verkhokamyanka. Ukrainian forces repulsed all attacks.
- Russian troops tried to advance in the direction of Ivano-Darivka, but without success and retreated
- Fighting continues in the vicinity of Spirne and Hryhorivka.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Russian forces attempted to advance closer to Vesele, but were stopped by Ukrainian defenders in the area.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- There was no change on Zaporizhzhia front.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Ukrainian troops repelled a Russian attack on Andriivka from the direction of Mala Seidemynukha.
- The enemy attempted to advance from the direction of Davidiv Brid towards Bilohirka, but was met with fierce resistance and had to retreat.
- The information, as reported by Ukrainian General Staff, confirms Ukrainian forces are in control of Bilohirka, but they do not control Davydiv Brid.
- Given the current situation in the area, it makes sense that Lozove is under Ukrainian control.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR