The summary of the 148th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 21st July 2022 (Kyiv time).
Russian forces are unable to gain a momentum as Ukrainian troops continue to successfully intercept and repel attacks on all fronts.
The damage caused to Antonovskiy Bridge by Ukrainian strike limits resupply of Russian units in Kherson, putting the enemy troops under the pressure. Furthermore, Ukrainian artillery was able to strike Russian depot in occupied Skadovsk in Kherson Oblast.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Russian troops are stepping up the attacks in Kharkiv Oblast. They attacked Ukrainian positions at Pytomnyk in an attempt to gain new ground alongside the highway M-20. The attack was repelled.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- The enemy focuses primarily on capturing Vuhlehirsk powerplant, but have no success. Given the amount of attacks on the power plant recently, it’s safe to assume that Ukrainian troops abandoned Luhanske settlement to avoid potential encirclement.
- Russian forces continue to probe Ukrainian defense lines in the vicinity of Vershyna and Novoluhanske.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- The enemy, again, tried to gain full control over Bohorodychne settlement. Ukrainian defenders, stationed on the highround nearby, repelled the assault without much trouble.
- Russian troops advanced closer to Hryhorivka, but the settlement remains in Ukrainian hands.
- The enemy led an attack towards Ivano-Darivka from the direction of the nearby oil refinery. The attack was repulsed.
- Spirne is continuing to change hands. Ukrainian forces seem to have built a solid fortified position nearby, and Russian troops are unable to hold the settlement for an at least a day.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attack towards Mykilske, indicating that Ukrainian forces might have regained full control over the town.
- Several Ukrainian sources reported that Ukrainian troops re-entered Solodke and liberated the settlement.
- Ukrainian forces repelled yet another attack on Novomykhailivka. Russian troops are unable to advance in this particular area for at least a month now.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled a Russian attack on Novoselivka Druha, north of Avdiivka.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- There was no change on Zaporizhzhia front.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- We have finally some report from Kherson Front. Ukrainian troops repelled a Russian attempt to regain lost positions near Andriivka. The attack was led from the direction of Sukhyi Stavok.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR