The summary of the 146th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 19th July 2022 (Kyiv time).
The previously announced tactical pause of Russian army is over. Ukrainian troops repelled a number of attacks at Kharkiv, Slovyansk and Donetsk Front, but the enemy managed to advance in some areas nevertheless. Ukrainian command seems to have started the long-awaited rotation of frontline units amid the reports that some Ukrainian brigades are exhausted and decimated.
Ukrainian artillery targeted Antonovskiy Bridge near Kherson, putting Russian forces in the area under the pressure. The bridge remains usable, but some parts are damaged.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Ukrainian Special Forces recently raided Russian positions in Dementievka. The settlement seems to be contested.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled a Russian attack on Udy, north of Kharkiv.
- Russian troops tried to advance in the direction of Husarivka, the attack was stopped by the Ukrainian defenders. It’s the first combat activity near Balakliia since the end of March.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Russian forces advanced in the direction of Pokrovske, broke through the Ukrainian defenses, and captured the southern outskirts of the town.
- Ukrainian troops repelled Russian attacks on Vershyna, Semyhirya, Novoluhanske and Vuhlehirsk powerplant.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attack on Dmytrivka, north of Slovyansk.
- Reports of Ukrainian General Staff indicates that Ukrainian army reversed some Russian gains in the area south of Brazhkivka.
- Russian forces have established full control over Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast.
- The enemy is attempting to advance in the direction of Hryhorivka and Serebrianka. The fighting continues.
- Ukrainian troops repelled a Russian attacks on Verkhnokamyanske from the direction of Zolotarivka and the nearby power plant. The enemy retreated.
- Fighting continues over the settlement of Spirne. Russian troops seem to control the larger part of the settlement at this moment.
- Ukrainian forces repulsed yet another attack on Bilohorivka (Donetsk Obl.) and Berestove.
Elements of 1st Tank Brigade have arrived to Kramatorsk to reinforce Ukrainian forces in the area.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Ukrainian forces repelled a Russian attack towards Kamyanka, Novomykhailivka and Vuhledar.
Ukrainian 71st Jager Brigade has been deployed to the southern part of Donetsk Oblast.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- There was no change on Zaporizhzhia front.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- As mentioned above, Ukrainian artillery hit Antonovskiy Bridge near Kherson. The bridge remains usable, but some parts are damaged.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR