The summary of the 144th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 17th July 2022 (Kyiv time).
Russian army reportedly regroups its troops in preparation of the push towards Slovyansk from the north. The enemy also continues to probe Ukrainian defensive lines near Bakhmut and in the southern part of Donetsk Oblast, looking for a weak spot.
The other frontlines remain without a change.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Based on the recently released footage, Russian troops are much closer to Dementievka than we originally thought.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions at Semyhirya and Novoluhanske from the direction of Dolomite. Both attacks were repulsed by the defenders.
- The enemy tried to advance in the direction Roty – Vershyna, but without success and retreated.
- Russian forces have stormed Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Vuhlehirsk powerplant, the fighting is ongoing.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- The enemy tried to improve its positions near Ivano-Darivka and Hryhorivka, but they were caught by Ukrainian troops and were forced to retreat.
- Russian forces attempt to advance towards Siversk, most likely through the forest area south of Hryhorivka. The fighting continues.
- Ukrainian Special unit Kraken raided Russian positions at Bilohorivka and captured several Russian soldiers. The settlement is, given the footage, correctly marked as contested.
- Based on the recently released footage and reports by Ukrainian General Staff, Ukrainian forces control at least a part of Verkhnokamyanska settlement.
- Russian troops once again tried to break through Ukrainian lines near Berestove, Bilohorivka and Yakovlivka, didn’t have success and retreated.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Russian troops tried to advance in the vicinity of Pavlivka and Novomykhailivka. Both attacks were repulsed by Ukrainian defenders.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- There was no change on Zaporizhzhia front.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- There was no change on the ground on Kherson Front.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR