The summary of the 142nd day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 15th July 2022 (Kyiv time).
Donetsk Front is slowly heating up as Russian troops tried to advance in the area of Vuhledar and near Avdiivka. Intense fighting is reported from the Siverskyi Donetsk front, but Russians are unable to advance and also maintain the newly gained positions.
Ukrainian forces successfully reversed Russian gains near Spirne and repelled numerous attacks in the area.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- There was no change on Kharkiv front.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Russian forces attacked Kodema and Vershyna, but without success and retreated. The defense of Vershyna and Kodema is crucial for Ukrainians. If both settlements fall, Ukrainian forces stationed in the vicinity of Vuhlehirks powerplant will be encircled.
- The enemy assaulted Ukrainian positions at Vuhlehirsk powerplant. The attack was repulsed by Ukrainian soldiers of 30th Mechanized Brigade.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- Ukrainian forces repelled an attack towards Kurulka from the north. The Russian recon element that was present in the vicinity of Kurulka seems to either withdrew or was defeated.
- Russian troops attempted to gain full control over Bohorodychne. Ukrainian forces, stationed on the high ground nearby, repelled the attack and the settlement remains contested.
- Ukrainian defenders repulsed Russian attack on Nahirne and the nearby Bilohorivka.
- The enemy did not have enough manpower to maintain control over Spirne after the attack towards Ivano-Darivka. Ukrainian forces recaptured the western part of the settlement and repelled a subsequent attack.
Note: Upon further investigation and reports by Ukrainian General Staff, it seems likely that Russian forces has advanced towards Kurulka through the forest area between Dibrovne and Mazanivka, not through the fields near Dibrovne.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions at Pavlivka from the direction of Yehorivka, without success.
- The enemy captured Solodke settlement.
- Russian forces led an attack towards Vodyane from the direction of Volodomyrivka and Solodke. Ukrainian defenders repelled all attacks in this direction.
- Russian troops managed to advance closer to Kamyanka, east of Avdiivka.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- There was no change on Zaporizhzhia front.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- There was no change on the ground on Kherson Front.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR
Luhansk Oblast, Ukraine Governor Haidai says fighting ongoing around Bilohorivka and Verkhnokamyanka, but both settlements still under Ukrainian control: Government via Public Telegram Board.
ISW mentions UA reports of RU aerial reconnaissance near Prymorske on July 14 &15, “likely indicating that they [RU] have not retained control over some settlements on the eastern side of the Pechenihy Reservoir.”
FIRMS indicates strong decrease of fires/shelling along the Kryvyj Rih frontline (Arhanhelske-Osohorivka). Might have to do with destruction of the Nova Kakhovka depot. Also, FIRMS yesterday showed two fires directly N. of Mylove on the main road to Osohorivka. That frontline is worth watching IMO.
Several credible observers (ISW, DefMon) have Yehorivka, S of Vuhledar, back under UA control since July 14. I suggest you should at least mark it as contested.
Russian Offensive Campaign Assessment, July 15 | Institute for the Study of War (understandingwar.org)
UA General Staff recently reported a Russian attack from a direction of Yehorivka towards Pavlivka. That’s why it’s marked as RU-controlled.
It is funny that word spirne in ukrainian means disputable
The Ukrainian command reported today that the Russians were shelling Oleksandrivka (Kherson province). If true, the settlement should not be marked as under Russian control.
Joint Staff of Ukraine uses wording in the area, which complicates interpretation.
But in general, you are right, my friend is fighting in Oleksandrovka now in 28th mech brigade and it is definitely not under the control of the rus.
Which Oleksandrovka? There are a few…
Kherson region, north of Stanislav
Can you correct settlement in the Kharkiv region – not Demetrivka, correct Dementievka, Dergachevskiy district?
Ops, yes, I’ll correct it.
may be Dementievka now is contested, video of destroyed OBT t-80 north of Dementievka https://twitter.com/PaulJawin/status/1548696864110813184
Thanks for the link.