The summary of the 128th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 1st July 2022 (Kyiv time).
Ukrainian forces retreated from a town near Lysychansk as Russian forces are advancing in the vicinity of the nearby power plant. Russian troops are also trying to cut off Ukrainian troops at Novoluhanske and breakthrough the lines towards Slovyansk.
Ukrainian forces shelled heavily Zmiinyi Island and forced Russia to withdraw its troops from the island. In the afternoon, Russian airforce bombed the island to in order to destroy the abandoned equipment left behind.
Other frontlines remain without any change. I recommend to pay attention to cross marks indicating fire/shelling.
I apologize for partly missing roads’ data. There was some issue with the visualization, and I was unable to resolve it in given time. I believe it’s still worth it to publish the maps and summary, despite the issue.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Russian forces were able to enter the northern outskirts of Demetrivka, but were later pushed back by a Ukrainian counter-attack.
- Recently released footage indicates that the settlement of Vesele, north-east of Kharkiv, is no longer under Ukrainian control.
includes the area of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk and Bakhmut
- Russian forces have assaulted Mazanivka and Bohorodychne in order to gain full control over the settlements. Both attacks were repulsed, Russian troops remain in partial control of said villages.
You can find detailed maps of Bakhmut and Lysychansk/Sievierodonetsk area below.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- The enemy attacked Vuhlehirsk Powerplant from the direction of Dolomite and Myronivka, but without success and retreated
- Surprisingly, Ukrainian troops still remain in partial control of Novoluhanske and according to Ukrainian General Staff, they repelled another attack on the town.
- Russian forces attempted to advance closer to Pokrovske, but Ukrainian troops didn’t allow them to do so.
includes the vicinity of Lysychansk and Sievierodonetsk
- Ukrainian troops retreated from Pryvillia. Russian forces captured the town without a fight.
- The enemy captured south-eastern part of the Lysychansk oil refinery, fighting continues inside the plant.
- Russian troops advanced towards Topolivka and reached the outskirts.
- The enemy also reached the outskirts of Maloryazantseve, south of Lysychansk.
- Fighting continues in the southern outskirts of Lysychansk, primarily on the edge of the industrial district.
includes Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- Russian forces again attacked Ukrainian positions at Pavlika. The attack was repulsed and the enemy retreated.
- There was no change on the ground in Zaporizhzhia Oblast.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- There was no change on the ground in Kherson Oblast.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR