The summary of the 126th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 29th June 2022 (Kyiv time).
Russian forces continue its advance towards Lysychansk. There are many unconfirmed reports flooding the social media regarding this area, and in cases like this, it’s always better to wait a few hours till we get a confirmation, either from the official sources and visual.
The other frontlines remains without change. Russian army focuses solely on the capture of Lysychansk.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions at Dementrivka, without success.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled the enemy attack in the vicinity of Zalyman and Dovhalivka.
- There are conflicting reports about who is in control of Dovhalivka. It’s been marked as unknown control until we learn more.
includes the area of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk and Bakhmut
- Russian forces are trying to break through Ukrainian lines at Mazanivka – Dolyna – Bohorodychne. The fighting continues.
You can find detailed maps of Bakhmut and Lysychansk/Sievierodonetsk area below.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Russian forces have gained new ground north of the powerplant, in the vicinity of the M-03 highway.
- The enemy regained the recently lost ground in the northern outskirts of Klynove.
includes the vicinity of Lysychansk and Sievierodonetsk
- Russian forces advanced from Mykolaivka towards Spirne. The assault was stopped in the area of the Lysychansk – Bakhmut road.
- Ukrainian troops discovered and eliminated two Russian sabotage groups in the vicinity of Berestove and Verkhnokamyanka.
- Russian troops advanced closer to Verkhnokamyanka from the direction of Vovchoyarivka.
- Russian state media RIA claims Russian forces established a pontoon bridge north of Privillya and subsequently captured the town. However, satellite imagery doesn’t confirm it and the source haven’t provided visual confirmation yet.
- Ongoing fighting is reported from the southern outskirts of Lysychansk and the nearby refinery. Russian army has reportedly deployed two BTGs in the area, outnumbering Ukrainian defenders. In the evening, Russian troops reportedly entered the refinery proper from the south.
- Due to the worsening situation around Lysychansk, we’ll likely see a withdrawal of Ukrainian troops from the town in coming hours.
includes Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- The enemy tried to regain its lost positions near Pavlivka. The attack from the direction of Yehorivka wasn’t sucessful and the enemy retreated.
- There was no change on the ground in Zaporizhzhia Oblast.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- There was no change on the ground in Kherson Oblast. However, notice the high-intensity of shelling near Chornobaivka, Partyzanske, Bilohirka and Arkhanhelske.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR