The summary of the 197th day on Kupyansk Front, as of 22:00 – 8th September 2022 (Kyiv time).
Due to ongoing Ukrainian offensive in Kharkiv Oblast, we’re releasing an extra summary solely focused on the Kupyansk Front. The classic summaries remain bi-daily.
- Ukrainian forces liberated Borschivka and are likely advancing eastbound towards Izium.
- Ukrainian troops announced liberation of Balakliia in the evening. It’s the first big and important success of the offensive.
- Ukrainian Army reached the outskirts of Shevchenkove from the two directions – Volokhiv Yar and Lebyazne/Korobochkyne. There might or might not be an isolated pocked of Russian troops in the area of Mykhailivka and Chkalovske. We currently lack any proof that Shevchenkove is fully under Ukrainian control.
- Ukrainian troops entered Ivanivka settlement, north-west of Volokhiv Yar.
- Based on the released footage, Ukrainians liberated Borivske and Voloska Balakliia. They very likely bypassed Shevchenkove through Bryhadyrivka.
- Fighting is reported from the vicinity of Hrushivka.
Ukrainian forces are currently marching towards Kupyansk and Izium with minimum resistance. Russian troops were caught off guard and won’t be able to stabilize the frontline without reinforcements. The goal of the Ukrainian offensive is clear: Kupyansk, the major railway junction in the area.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.