The summary of the 117th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 20th June 2022 (Kyiv time).
A dangerous situation has evolved south of Lysychansk. Russian forces captured Toshkivka and have advanced towards the road connecting Zolote and Lysychansk. Ukrainian troops stationed at Zolote are at danger to be encircled and Ukrainian command most likely now considers withdrawing its forces from the area.
Other areas remain without much change. Ukrainian forces have reportedly launched an offensive in Zaporizhzhia Oblast, but we have seen no evidence so far.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
- The fighting in the vicinity of Rubizhne continues. Russian forces are conducting an offensive to regain the full control of the town and nearby forest area.
- Russian reconnaissance element attacked Ukrainian positions at Rtyshchiva, confirming the Ukrainian troops are in control of the settlement.
includes the area of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk and Bakhmut
- Ukrainian troops repulsed Russian attack on the southern-eastern part of Bohorodychne.
includes the vicinity of Lysychansk and Sievierodonetsk
- Fighting in Sievierodonetsk continues. Russian troops have advanced towards the Azot industrial complex.
- The head of Luhansk military administration confirmed the loss of Metolkyne located east of Sievierodonetsk.
- Ukrainian defenders repulsed the enemy attack on Syrotyne.
- Russian forces captured Toshkivka and advanced in the direction of Myrna Dolyna and Bila Hora.
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions at Hirske from the direction of Orikhove. The attack was repelled.
- The enemy captured Vrubivka and attacked Mykolaivka from the direction of Vrubivka and Nyrkove. All attacks were repulsed.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled a Russian attack on Berestove.
includes Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- There was no change on the ground in Donetsk Oblast.
- Ukrainian forces have reportedly launched an offensive in Zaporizhzhia Oblast, probably in the direction of Tokmak. We’ll have to wait a few days to actually get a confirmation (or not).
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- There was no change on the ground in Kherson Oblast.
The full overview map of current situation.
Maps and article are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ukrainian Ministry of Defense, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), press released of Russian Army, DPR and LPR (taken with a grain of salt)
Visit our Deployment map for updated interactive map of captured areas and Ukrainian units.