The summary of the 117th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 20th June 2022 (Kyiv time).
A dangerous situation has evolved south of Lysychansk. Russian forces captured Toshkivka and have advanced towards the road connecting Zolote and Lysychansk. Ukrainian troops stationed at Zolote are at danger to be encircled and Ukrainian command most likely now considers withdrawing its forces from the area.
Other areas remain without much change. Ukrainian forces have reportedly launched an offensive in Zaporizhzhia Oblast, but we have seen no evidence so far.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
- The fighting in the vicinity of Rubizhne continues. Russian forces are conducting an offensive to regain the full control of the town and nearby forest area.
- Russian reconnaissance element attacked Ukrainian positions at Rtyshchiva, confirming the Ukrainian troops are in control of the settlement.
includes the area of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk and Bakhmut
- Ukrainian troops repulsed Russian attack on the southern-eastern part of Bohorodychne.
includes the vicinity of Lysychansk and Sievierodonetsk
- Fighting in Sievierodonetsk continues. Russian troops have advanced towards the Azot industrial complex.
- The head of Luhansk military administration confirmed the loss of Metolkyne located east of Sievierodonetsk.
- Ukrainian defenders repulsed the enemy attack on Syrotyne.
- Russian forces captured Toshkivka and advanced in the direction of Myrna Dolyna and Bila Hora.
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions at Hirske from the direction of Orikhove. The attack was repelled.
- The enemy captured Vrubivka and attacked Mykolaivka from the direction of Vrubivka and Nyrkove. All attacks were repulsed.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled a Russian attack on Berestove.
includes Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- There was no change on the ground in Donetsk Oblast.
- Ukrainian forces have reportedly launched an offensive in Zaporizhzhia Oblast, probably in the direction of Tokmak. We’ll have to wait a few days to actually get a confirmation (or not).
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- There was no change on the ground in Kherson Oblast.
The full overview map of current situation.
Maps and article are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ukrainian Ministry of Defense, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), press released of Russian Army, DPR and LPR (taken with a grain of salt)
Visit our Deployment map for updated interactive map of captured areas and Ukrainian units.
Make sure to follow us on Twitter & Telegram for the latest updates on Ukraine.
If the map is accurate, then T-13-02 could even be passable
No different ukrainian official source say regulary that the road is not passable. Russian still have fire control on this road.
The recent briefings of the UA MoD have remained silent about anything between Bakhmut, Zaitseve (of which there seem to be two), and Niu York, i.e. Novoluhanske and its powerplant, Dolomitne and Kodema. Which is surprising, as NASA FIRMS shows for June 20 quite some fires, usually associated with massive shelling, just north of Novoluhanske that should have made it into UA MoD reports if caused by the Russian side. The most parsimonious explanation is… Read more »
I dont follow this part of the front. But ua briefing mention shelling (i think with aviation, not sure) on new York regulary. Today and yesterday, they mention it.
First of all great work. Definitely one of the best places to get unbiased information about the war.
Just wanted to add a little information. If my translation is not incorrect, yesterday´s report from the General Staff of UA Armed Forces mentions that Pravdyne, in Kherson Oblast, was targeted by Russian artillery, which probably means that it is under Ukrainian control. Link below to the report. https://www.facebook.com/GeneralStaff.ua/posts/343208481325570
The report says in the area of Pravdyne, not directly the settlement. It doesn’t rule out the possibility of Ukrainian control, but it also doesn’t confirm it.
I’ve read it was taken, then saw Twitter accounts (UA forces in Kherson) saying they’d lost it. Now it sounds it may be retaken by Ukraine. In all, a contested bit of turf, so difficult to say who is holding it at any given period as by the time we receive the information the situation on the ground has shifted.