The summary of the 114th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 17th June 2022 (Kyiv time).
Russian forces regained some lost ground in Kharkiv Oblast and continue to attack Ukrainian positions in the area of Slovyansk and Lysychansk.
Belarusian army deployed additional mechanized units to the border with Ukraine.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Shelling: Ruska Lozova, Tsyrkuny, Verkhnii Saltiv, Krynychne
- Russian forces have launched a counter-attack in order to regain previously lost positions in the north. The enemy recaptured Izbytske and advanced closer to Rubizhne and Bairak. Unfortunately, Ukrainian forces were caught by surprise and had to retreat. There are casualties.
- Ukrainian sources reported a battle near Demetrivka, but no other details have been shared.
includes the area of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk and Bakhmut
Shelling: Hrushuvakha, Virnopillya, Dibrovne, Pashkove, Dolyna, Krasnopillya, Pokrovske, Zaitseve
- Ukrainian troops regained full control over the settlement of Dmytrivka. Ukrainian side didn’t report about the loss of Dmytrivka previously, so the map didn’t change.
- The enemy is probing Ukrainian defensive lines, looking for a weak spot to find a way towards Slovyansk.
- Ukrainian forces repelled the enemy attacks on Krasnopillya and Dolyna.
- Russian troops attempted to gain full control over Bohorodychne, but were met with fierce resistance and Ukrainian troops remains in control of the southern part.
- Russian reconnaissance elements tried to advance from the direction of Dolomite towards Kodema. The attack wasn’t successful and the enemy withdrew.
- Russian forces couldn’t settle on the other side of M-03 and withdrew to previous positions, maintains fire control over the part of M-03 highway.
includes the vicinity of Lysychansk and Sievierodonetsk
Shelling: Sievierodonetsk, Metolkyne, Lysychansk, Ustynivka, Mykolaivka
- Fighting in Sievierodonetsk continues.
- An enemy attack near Metolkyne was repelled, but Russian troops bypassed the town and reached the outskirts of Syrotyne.
- Russian troops have resumed an offensive towards Zolote, but Ukrainian defenders are holding out.
- Russian forces reportedly entered Vrubivka. According to unconfirmed reports, Ukrainian troops didn’t have enough manpower in the area to hold off the assault and had to retreat. We’ll have to wait a day or two to get a clear image.
- The enemy again tried to storm Ukrainian positions near Berestove. The attack was repelled.
includes Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia Oblast
Shelling: Zelene Pole, Krasnohorivka, Avdiivka, Niu-York
- Ukrainian reconnaissance discovered a Russian sabotage group between Yehorivka and Shevchenko. Ukrainian troops ambushed the group and forced them to retreat.
Shelling: Orikhiv, Huliaipole
- There was no change on the ground in Zaporizhzhia Oblast.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
Shelling: Mykolaiv, Lupareve, Stepova Dolyna, Kyselivka, Partyzanske, Novopavlivske, Osokorivka
- Ukrainian Air Force conducted air raids behind enemy lines in the vicinity of Kherson and Nova Kakhovka. They reportedly hit several targets, including a Russian warehouse and forwarded military base.
The full overview map of current situation.
Maps and article are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ukrainian Ministry of Defense, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), press released of Russian Army, DPR and LPR (taken with a grain of salt)
Visit our Deployment map for updated interactive map of captured areas and Ukrainian units.