The summary of the 108th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 11th June 2022 (Kyiv time).
Russian troops made small gains in the direction of Slovyansk and Lysychansk. Ukrainian army is reportedly conducting a new counter-offensive operation in Kherson Oblast, but no details have been shared, yet.
According to Ukrainian Presidential adviser, the army is loosing up to 200 soldiers every day, but Russian numbers are much higher. We’re currently in the phase of the war of attrition.
Belarusian president Lukashenko stated that Belarus might be forced to intervene in the western Ukraine to protect local population from Polish invasion.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
partly sunny | ~31 °C
Shelling: Udy, Prudianka, Tsyrkuny, Ternova, Verkhnii Saltiv, Rubizhne
- There was no change on the ground in Kharkiv Oblast.
includes the area of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk and Bakhmut
sunny | ~31 °C
Shelling: Virnopillya, Dolyna, Korulka, Novoluhanske
- Russian troops reached the outskirt of Bohorodychne, fighting continues.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian attacks on Virnopillya and Dolyna.
- Russian forces managed to advance in the area of Vidrodzhennya and Roty. Both towns are marked as contested until we learn more.
includes the vicinity of Lysychansk and Sievierodonetsk
Shelling: Serebrianka, Bilohorivka, Lysychansk, Sievierodonetsk, Metolkyne, Ustynivka, Toshkivka, Hirske, Bilohorivka (near Nahirne), Komyshuvakha
- House to house fighting continues in Sievierodonetsk.
- Ukrainian forces successfully repelled Russian attacks on Metolkyne, and there are indications the enemy retreated from the town.
- Russian troops attempted to advance in the area of Ustynivka and Toshkivka, but met fierce resistance and withdrew.
- The enemy managed to breakthrough Ukrainian lines near Nyrkove and has been stopped near Mykolaivka. The fate of Nyrkove remains uncertain, but it’s likely that Russian troops captured the settlement.
- Ukrainian troops repelled a Russian attack near Volodymyrivka.
includes Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia Oblast
partly sunny | ~31 °C
Shelling: Marinka, Krasnohorivka, Avdiivka, Kamyanka, Niu-York
- There was no change on the ground in Donetsk Oblast.
Shelling: Orikhiv, Huliaipole
- There was no change on the ground in Zaporizhzhia Oblast.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
rain showers | ~28 °C
Shelling: Dobryanka, Velyka Kostromka, Murakhivka, vicinity of Snihurvka, Prybuzke
- Ukrainian forces managed to regain full control over Tavrijske settlement.
- There are reports of Ukrainian counter-attack in the area of Oleksandrivka and Kyselivka. However, these reports are unconfirmed and until we get a better picture of the situation, we have to treat the reports as just rumors.
The full overview map of current situation.
Maps and article are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ukrainian Ministry of Defense, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), press released of Russian Army, DPR and LPR (taken with a grain of salt)
Visit our Deployment map for updated interactive map of captured areas and Ukrainian units.