The summary of the 106th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 9th June 2022 (Kyiv time).
Ukrainian forces retreated from Svyatohirsk and nearby area. The defenders delayed the Russian advance far longer than anybody anticipated and gave Ukrainian troops more than enough time to dig in and build fortifications around Slovyansk and Kramatorsk.
Belarus announced formation of People’s Militia units, and continues to keep a meaningful force near the border with Ukraine.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
sunny | ~28 °C
Shelling: Udy, Rusky Tyshky, Stary Saltiv, Korobochkyne, Chepil
- There was no change on the ground in Kharkiv Oblast.
includes the area of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk and Bakhmut
sunny | ~28 °C
Shelling: Dibrovne, Kurulka, Tetyanivka, Pryshyb, Kramatorsk
- Russian army have begun to build fortifications in the vicinity of Izium amid the fears of Ukrainian counterattack towards the city.
- The enemy reached the northern outskirts of Dolyna, fighting is ongoing.
- Ukrainian troops repulsed enemy attacks on Bohorodychne and Dovhenke, north of Slovyansk.
- Ukrainian forces have retreated from Svyatohirsk and most likely from Studenok as well over the night. Russian troops entered Svyatohirsk and captured the town.
- Russian sources claim that Russian troops crossed Siversky Donets near Svyatohirsk and captured Tetyanivka. This is however unconfirmed and there is no visual proof.
- Situation in Shchurove, Staryi Karavan and Brusivka is covered by the fog of war.
- Russian forces entered the eastern outskirts of Roty.
includes the vicinity of Lysychansk and Sievierodonetsk
Shelling: Serebrianka, Pryvillya, Sievierodonetsk, Lysychansk, Ustynivka, Hirske, Zolote, Komyshuvakha, Berestove, Bilohorivka
- Fighting continues in Sievierodonetsk. The situation in the city is very fluid and changes every hour.
- Ukrainian defenders repelled attacks on Toshkivka and Ustynivka. The enemy retreated to its original positions.
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions at Berestove, but weren’t successful.
- Russian forces entered the western outskirts of Komyshuvakha, putting Ukrainian troops at Zolote under more pressure.
includes Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia Oblast
partly sunny | ~29 °C
Shelling: Avdiivka, Kamyanka, Niu-York
- There was no change on the ground in Donetsk Oblast.
Shelling: Orikhiv, Huliaipole
- There was no change on the ground in Zaporizhzhia Oblast.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
mostly cloudy | ~26 °C
Shelling: Tavrijske, Blahodatne, Lyubymivka, Shyroke, Bila Krynytsia, Bereznehuvate, Dobryanka,
- There was no change on the ground in Kherson and Mykolaiv Oblast.
The full overview map of current situation.
Maps and article are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ukrainian Ministry of Defense, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), press released of Russian Army, DPR and LPR (taken with a grain of salt)
Visit our Deployment map for updated interactive map of captured areas and Ukrainian units.