The summary of the 104th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 7th June 2022 (Kyiv time).
Neither side made any new meaningful gains during the past two days. Both parties focus primarily on the usage of artillery and basically trying to bleed out its enemy. The amount of casualties is raising rapidly and the side, which can withstand this tactic for a longer period of time, most likely wins.
Russian army continues to hit the Ukrainian border regions of Sumy Oblast and keeps up to three BTGs near the border.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
partly sunny | ~26 °C
Shelling: Kharkiv outskirts, Bazilievka
There was no change on the ground in Kharkiv Oblast.
includes the area of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk and Bakhmut
partly sunny | ~27 °C
Shelling: Hrushuvakha, Velyka Komyshuvakha, Chervona Polyana, Korulka, Shnurky, Dolyna, Lysychansk, Borivske
- Russian forces attacked Ukrainian positions at Dovhenke and Dolyna. Both attacks were successfully repelled.
- Russian troops entered the eastern outskirts of Svyatohirsk. Footage released today shows a destroyed bridge near the Svyatohirsk Cava Monastery.
- According to Ukrainian General Staff, there is still some presence of Ukrainian troops at Shchurove and Staryi Karavan. However, everything indicates they’ll soon withdraw across Siverskyi Donets.
- Russian forces reversed most of the Ukrainian gains and pushed them back to the industrial area in the south-west. Heavy fighting continues.
- Ukrainian troops repelled an attack on their positions at Borivske.
- Russian troops again tried to break through Ukrainian lines in the vicinity of Berestove and Bilohorivka in order to capture the highway connecting Bakhmut and Lysychansk. They didn’t succeed.
- The enemy made an effort to push towards the Vuhledirsk powerplant from the east and south, but didn’t break through the first Ukrainian line of defense.
includes Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia Oblast
partly sunny | ~28 °C
Shelling: Pisky, Avdiivka, Kamyanka
There was no change on the ground in Donetsk Oblast.
Shelling: vicinity of Orikhiv and Huliaipole
There was no change on the ground in Zaporizhzhia Oblast.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
mostly cloudy | ~29 °C
Shelling: Mykolaiv, Luch, Blahodatne, Shyroke, Tokareve
Ukrainian repulsed an enemy attack in the direction of Lozove and Bila Krynytsia, confirming both settlements are under their control.
Ukrainian helicopters reportedly raided an assembly area in the rear of Russians and caused vast damaged to the enemy group.
The full overview map of current situation.
Maps and article are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ukrainian Ministry of Defense, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), press released of Russian Army, DPR and LPR (taken with a grain of salt)
Visit our Deployment map for updated interactive map of captured areas and Ukrainian units.