The summary of the 100th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 3rd June 2022 (Kyiv time).
The 100th day of the Russian three-day invasion have passed, and the enemy hasn’t achieved any of its goals yet. Ukraine has still operational air force (in limited form), controls portion of Luhansk and Donetsk Oblasts and repelled major assaults on Kyiv, Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv and Mykolaiv. Russian army captured one iconic city – Mariupol, one regional capital – Kherson and one nuclear power plant – Enerhodar.
Ukrainian troops continue to fight in Sievierodonetsk and despite the lack of heavy artillery and air superiority in the area, they’re holding out.
Russian army continues to target border areas of Ukrainian Chernihiv and Sumy Oblasts, looking for a weak spot in the Ukrainian defense.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
rain showers | ~27 °C
Shelling: Slatine, Dementiivka, Ruska Lozova, Verkhnii Saltiv, Pechenihy
There was no change on the ground in Kharkiv Oblast.
includes the area of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk and Bakhmut
light rain | ~33 °C
Shelling: Virnopillya, Dibrovne, Korulka, Dovhenke, Svyatohirsk, Yarova, Raihorodok, Shchurove, Staryi Karavan, Brusivka, Myrna Dolyna, Pokrovske, Zolote, Vidrodzhennya, Novoluhanske
- Russian troops attempted to break through Ukrainian lines towards Barvinkove, but they weren’t successful.
- The enemy assaulted Ukrainian positions near Bohorodychne and Dolyna. Ukrainian defenders repelled the attack and the enemy retreated.
- Russian forces attacked in the vicinity of Studenok, Sosnove and Yarova. The fighting continues. Ukrainian Army noticed a higher usage of electronic warfare systems in the area.
- Russian troops attempted to advance in the direction of Raihorodok, but they weren’t successful.
- The fighting inside the city continues, primarily in the center district. Ukrainian forces have reportedly lured the Russian troops into the city and conducting a counter-attacks at this moment.
- Russian forces attacked Metolkine, Bobrove and Ustynivka east of Sievierodonetsk, but the attacks were repulsed.
- The enemy advanced in the area of Komyshuvakha, captured the western outskirts.
- Ukrainian troops repelled attacks on Vrubivka, Nahirne and Bilohorivka.
Correction: Ukrainian staff reported shelling of Ukrainian positions at Borove, meaning the settlement is under their control. Given the terrain and swamps in the area, Oskolonivka might or might not still be in Ukrainian hands as well. I marked it as contested for now, until we get a confirmation from either side.
includes Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia Oblast
partly sunny | ~34 °C
Shelling: Zolota Nyva, Marinka, Novomykhailivka, Pisky, Avdiivka, Kamyanka, Vesele
Russian troops attacked Krasnohorivka, but they weren’t successful.
Shelling: Orikhiv, Huliaipole, Poltavka
Ukrainian forces repulsed an attack on Poltavka.
Correction: The state of Novosilka is unclear. Neither side reported anything for at least a few weeks. I marked it as contested for now.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
partly sunny | ~32 °C
Shelling: Posad-Pokrovske, Blahodatne, Mykolaivka, Trudoliubivka, Osokorivka
The situation at Davydi Brid is covered by the fog of war. Ukrainian forces have indeed crossed the Inhulets river using a pontoon bridge near Andriivka, but how far they advanced is unknown, even Ukrainian media cannot agree here. I decided to mark all three cities in the area as contested, and hopefully we’ll learn more in coming hours/days.
Ukrainian troops thwarted Russian offensive operation towards Kryvyi Rih.
The full overview map of current situation.
Maps and article are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ukrainian Ministry of Defense, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), press released of Russian Army, DPR and LPR (taken with a grain of salt)
Visit our Deployment map for updated interactive map of captured areas and Ukrainian units.