Operation reports are summary of what happened in Joint forces operation zone (previously known as Anti-Terrorist Operation zone or ATO) during the last week.
July 1, 2019
- Mayboroda Serhiy (36th Marine Corps Brigade) a senior soldier. Ukrainian Humwee was hit by ATGM (anti-tank guided missile) near Vodyane during an evacuation of a wounded soldier. The driver died on spot.
- Shevchenko Iryna (36th Marine Corps Brigade) a medical officer, participant of EuroMaidan and volunteer since the first days of war. She was heavily wounded by ATGM strike on Ukrainian Humwee and died four hours later in Mariupol hospital.
July 4, 2019
- Loboda Eduard (24th Mechanized Brigade) a senior soldier. He served in Ukrainian Volunteer Corps (Right Sector) before he joined the brigade in 2018. Eduard was heavily wounded during a combat task near Marinka and later died in Kurakhove hospital.
- Zhukov Oleh (54th Mechanized Brigade) a soldier. He was killed by an enemy sniper in the area of Zolote, Luhansk Region.
July 7, 2019
- Loktionov Vladislav (Aidar Battalion) a soldier. He was killed by enemy artillery strike on Ukrainian positions near Horlivka.
NEW: You can now check the location of Ukrainian casualties on the map.
Casualties map: https://militaryland.net/ukraine/casualties-map/
SBU operation behind enemy lines
Ukrainian Special Forces conducted an operation in the occupied town of Snizhne in Donetsk Region to detain ex-commander of anti-aircraft defense Volodymyr Tsemakh. He was arrested in his house in Snizhne and brought to Kyiv. Tsemakh might be a key witness in the downing of MH17 because he took an active part of hostilities in summer 2014 and was a commander of anti-aircraft unit in Snizhne.
Sea Breeze 2019 exercise underway
The 12-day Sea Breeze 2019 exercise began on Monday in the northwestern part of the Black Sea, near Odesa. It involves 32 warships and 24 aircraft of armies from Ukraine, US, and dozen of NATO allies.
|HMS Duncan of British Royal Navy in Odesa||HMCS Toronto of Canadian Navy in Odesa|
Situation in Stanytsia Luhanska
Our report on current situation in Stanytsia Luhanska, where Ukraine and separatists agreed to withdraw its forces from a pedestrian bridge.
Footage of artillery strike by 54th Mechanized Brigade
sources: radiosvoda.org, unian.info, 5.ua, tsn.ua