Operation reports are summary of what happened in Joint forces operation zone (previously known as Anti-Terrorist Operation zone or ATO) during the last week.
April 8, 2019
- Nezhyvyy Mykola (93rd Mechanized Brigade) a soldier, former member of Aidar Battalion, on the front since 2014. Ukrainian positions near Opytne were hit by ATGM (anti-tank guided missile), one soldier died.
April 9, 2019
- Boytsov Oleg (State Emergency Group) a senior pyrotechnic. He was killed by an unknown device while working in the grey zone near Zaitsevo. Two more pyrotechnics were seriously injured.
April 11, 2019
- Chybinyeyev Roman (79th AirAssault Brigade) a senior soldier. An enemy group approached Ukrainian positions near Mariupol during a night. He died during the following skirmish.
April 12, 2019
- Lysakivsʹkyy Volodymyr (35th Marine Corps Brigade) a senior soldier. Ukrainian positions near Hranite were hit by ATGM. One soldier died, five more wounded.
- Ihnatenko Ihor (93rd Mechanized Brigade) a senior sergeant, former member of Donbas battalion, on the front since 2014. Enemy forces opened fire on fortified positions at Butovka Mine, Avdiivka. He died during a battle.
101st Airborne Division deploys to Ukraine
The US Army has announced that more than 150 soldiers of 101st Airborne Division will deploy to Western Ukraine. The group will replace Tennessee National Guard’s 278th Armored Cavalry Regiment, that’s currently deployed to Ukraine. During the deployment, the soldiers of 101st Airborne Division will advise, train and assist to their Ukrainian colleagues as part of Joint Multinational Training Group.
Another batch of US equipment arrived in Ukraine
On April 9, another batch of Humvees (HMMWV) arrived in Ukraine, this time via sea. The shipment contained 20 armored and 15 medical Humvees.
Ukrainian Forces gained new positions
Ukrainian 24th Mechanized Brigade advanced one kilometer into the grey zone, near Marinka, Donetsk Region. The new positions are just 200-300 meters away from the enemy. The operation occurred on the morning of April 11 with the support of several sniper units. The exact location is currently unknown.
sources: unian.info, tsn.ua, dumskaya.net, memorybook.org.com