The summary of the 160th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 2nd August 2022 (Kyiv time).
Russian forces mounting one attack after another near Donetsk in an attempt to break through Ukrainian lines at all cost. A meat grinder is reported from Pisky, where Ukrainian infantry defends the settlement without artillery and heavy support. The Donetsk front and the area around Bakhmut seems to be the primary focus for Russian troops at this moment.
Ukrainian forces reportedly liberated several settlements in Kherson Oblast, but no further details were released.
Note: At the time of writing this summary, the NASA’s FIRMS server is unavailable. The Fire/Shelling layer is not visualized.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- The enemy tried to improve its position in the area of Bairak. Ukrainian troops stopped the attempt.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Russian reconnaissance element tried to gain new positions in the area of Yakovlivka. The group retreated after a short skirmish.
- Fighting continues in the area of Soledar, Russians are slowly advancing forward.
- Russian troops attempted to push forward in the vicinity of Vershyna and Zaitseve, but were met with precise fire and had to retreat.
- Russian forces advanced from the area of Pokrovske closer to Bakhmut. Soldiers of Ukrainian 58th Motorized Brigade putting up fierce resistance, but are unable to hold off the overwhelming force.
- The enemy attacked Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Kodema from the direction of Vidrodzhennya. The attack was repelled.
- Ukrainian troops repulsed a Russian attack towards Travneve.
includes the vicinity of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk
- Ukrainian forces discovered a Russian recon element near Mazanivka. The element retreated after being revealed.
- Russian recon element assaulted Ukrainian positions in the area of Dovhenke and Dolyna. Ukrainian defenders forced the enemy to withdraw.
- The enemy attacked Ivano-Darivka settlement east of Siversk, but without success.
overview map of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Bakhmut and Lysychansk vicinity
includes the center and southern part of Donetsk Oblast
- Heavy fighting continues in the area of Marinka, Pisky and Avdiivka. Russian forces are attempting to break Ukrainian lines at all costs.
- The enemy has partial success in Pisky, where they managed to advance and are in control of approximately half of the settlement. A report by Ukrainian soldier can give you an insight on what’s going on there.
- Ukrainian troops repelled a Russian attack in the vicinity of Novopil.
includes the Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- Russian troops are reportedly regrouping its forces in the area in preparations for an offensive towards Zaporizhzhia.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions in the area of Trudoliubivka. The attack failed.
- Russian army has moved additional BTGs in the area amid the reports of possible Ukrainian counter-attack towards Kherson.
- Ukrainian forces reportedly liberated seven settlements in Kherson Oblast, but no other details were shared, and thus it’s impossible to verify.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR