The summary of the 130th day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, as of 22:00 – 3rd July 2022 (Kyiv time).
Russian army has captured Luhansk Oblast as Ukrainian forces withdrew from Lysychansk and nearby area to avoid encirclement. The fate of Donbas is now in the hands of the defenders of two iconic cities – Slovyansk and Kramatorsk.
Ukrainian troops liberated a settlement north of Kherson and slowly, but surely gaining a new ground.
includes the area of Kharkiv and Chuhuiv
Kharkiv & Chuhuiv direction
- Fighting continues in the vicinity of Demetrivka. Russian forces continue its attempt to capture the settlement, but so far without success.
- Russian forces attacked Ukrainian positions at Prudianka. The attack was repelled.
includes the area of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk and Bakhmut
- Russian troops continue its offensive towards the Mazanivka – Dolyna – Bohorodychne line of defense. Ukrainian defenders are successfully repelling one attack after another.
You can find detailed maps of Bakhmut and Lysychansk/Sievierodonetsk area below.
includes the vicinity of Bakhmut
- Russian forces captured Klynove and consolidated the fire control over M-03 highway.
includes the vicinity of Lysychansk and Sievierodonetsk
- In order to save lives of Ukrainian soldiers and avoid encirclement, the Ukrainian command has decided to withdraw its forces from Lysychansk.
- Russian army captured Zolotarivka, Verkhnokamyanka, Lysychansk power plant and gained full control over Luhansk Oblast.
- The enemy also attacked Berestove and Spirne, but the attacks were repulsed.
includes Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- Russian forces resumed offensive attempts in the direction of Novomykhalivka. Ukrainian defense is holding out.
- The enemy tried to break through Ukrainian lines in the vicinity of Spartak near Donetsk Airport. The fighting is ongoing.
- Russian troops assaulted Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Pavlivka, without success.
- There was no change on the ground in Zaporizhzhia Oblast.
includes the vicinity of Kherson and Mykolaiv
- Ukrainian forces liberated Ivanivka north of Arkhanhelske.
- Russian troops attacked Ukrainian positions at Potomkyne, but the attack was repelled.
Ukrainian side announced a strict embargo on all information regarding Kherson Oblast and advance of Ukrainian troops. The only allowed source for this area are the reports by Ukrainian General Staff.
The full overview map of current situation.
Looking for an interactive map? We got you covered. Visit our original Deployment map.
If you would like to use our maps in your project, video or any other media, please visit Invasion maps page for more information.
This summary and detailed maps are based on the following sources:
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, official media channels of Ukrainian regional administrations, Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), geolocated footage and press releases of Russian Armed Forces, self-proclaimed DPR and LPR