Ukraine and self-proclaimed Luhansk and Donetsk People’s Republic swapped prisoners on December 29. They were later transported to Kyiv to meet relatives.
The exchange took place at the Mayorsk checkpoint in the Donetsk region. 76 Ukrainians returned home and the government released 127 people the self-proclaimed republics. Among the 76 Ukrainians, there are several servicemen of the Ukrainian Armed Forces.
Who returned to Ukraine
- Oleksandr Heymur, Borys Pundor, Kim Duvanov – three of the eight servicemen captured by DPR on May 22, 2019, when their truck crossed into enemy territory. They serve in 43rd Mechanized Battalion Patriot of 53rd Mechanized Brigade.
- Volodymyr Voskoboynyk – a soldier of 30th Mechanized Brigade. He was captured by separatists on May 23, 2018.
- Serhiy Hlondar and Oleksandr Korinkov – members of the special force unit. They were captured on February 16, 2015, at Debaltsevo. According to reports, they were escorting a convoy of wounded Ukrainian soldiers and they were ambushed.
- Bohdan Pantiushenko – a tanker of 1st Tank Brigade. He was captured near Spartak, close to Donetsk Aiport in January 2015. The tank was knocked out and crew captured.
- Serhiy Ivanchuk – head of engineering team of 8th Special Purpose Regiment. He was captured on February 5, 2017.
- Vasyl Zhemelinskyi – a soldier of 57th Mechanized Brigade. He was captured on February 17, 2018, near Pisky.
- Ivan Dieyev – a soldier of 8th Special Purpose Regiment. He was captured in February 2017.
- Yuriy Yevtushok – a soldier of 14th Mechanized Brigade. He was captured in May 2018.
- Roman Fursov – a soldier of 58th Motorized Brigade. He was captured in November 2017 during a skirmish near Krymske, Luhansk Region. He was considered dead for some time.
source: hromadske.ua. unian.ua